testtest

New Biden Rule Mandating Safe Gun Storage ‘Much Ado About Nothing’

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
More useless requirement from the DOJ that dealers must have and offer safe gun storage devices for any gun they sell to a customer. Most responsible gun owners usually do store there guns safely.

More useless requirement from the DOJ that dealers must have and offer safe gun storage devices for any gun they sell to a customer. Most responsible gun owners usually do store there guns safely.

Isn't it a federal requirement that all guns sold must have a locking device as an accessory?

… this “new rule” is nothing but a sham PR effort. It’s designed to imply that a) the firearms industry has somehow been heretofore lacking or possibly even reckless, and b) the Biden Administration is, in the face of gun-nut resistance and despite that horrible relic of our unfair past (The Second Amendment), “doing something” to reduce violence and safeguard the public.
Neither is true…

I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see the DOJ going to the trouble of re-writing laws that they don't intend to enforce. I worry that these proposed changes, and those to come in the next three years, are the beginning of a series of attacks on the kitchen table FFL's, Gun Show FFL's, and Pawn Shops that deal in used guns.

As responsible gun owners we discuss safe gun storage and handling all the time and as mentioned all guns sold come with a gun lock, I don’t or wouldn’t have an issue seeing more locking gun storage devices in stores but to mandate that they are offered or sold with a gun purchase is a stretch especially with the amount offered online. Once again responsible gun owners will do everything they can to protect their firearms from getting into the wrong hands, it is everyone’s responsibility to educate those that don’t understand proper safe gun storage.

… this “new rule” is nothing but a sham PR effort. It’s designed to imply that a) the firearms industry has somehow been heretofore lacking or possibly even reckless, and b) the Biden Administration is, in the face of gun-nut resistance and despite that horrible relic of our unfair past (The Second Amendment), “doing something” to reduce violence and safeguard the public.
Neither is true…
+1

“I’ll give you my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands.” —Charlton Heston

1641412112911.png

Back