testtest

New Gun Owner Tips / Gun Rights Fight Update Video

BobM

Hellcat
A video with helpful tips and insights to helping and protecting new gun owners. And, an interesting update and views on protecting our gun rights. What viewed is a very worthwhile 38 minute video:

A video with helpful tips and insights to helping and protecting new gun owners. And, an interesting update and views on protecting our gun rights. What viewed is a very worthwhile 38 minute video:

Good link and article, new owners should read this, thanks Bob

Good link and article, new owners should read this, thanks Bob
You're welcome Anni,
Thought it was good video with very useful info in it.
For newer and old owners is why posted, because sometimes new or old, one helps the other learn?
One thing am very grateful for is old shooters helping newer shooters not only with calming newer shooters nerves, but also sometimes calming the newer shooters overenthusiastic urge to shoot anything that moves without thinking first. To be honest, for the most part, most experienced shooters have talked with are some of the most courteous people have ever spoken with. Am hoping that part rubs off on the newbies while we're all having good times too.

You're welcome Anni,
Thought it was good video with very useful info in it.
For newer and old owners is why posted, because sometimes new or old, one helps the other learn?
One thing am very grateful for is old shooters helping newer shooters not only with calming newer shooters nerves, but also sometimes calming the newer shooters overenthusiastic urge to shoot anything that moves without thinking first. To be honest, for the most part, most experienced shooters have talked with are some of the most courteous people have ever spoken with. Am hoping that part rubs off on the newbies while we're all having good times too.

It rubs off on any new shooters who are coached by older shooters who coach them courteously and effectively. When I am "Coaching" new shooters I give them the important stuff right away. Firearm safety rules are paramount and always immediately addressed or corrected. Then we work on proper stance, grip, sight picture and trigger press. If you help new shooters get on target from the jump they will be much more enthusiastic about shooting. It's simply much more fun when you actually hit your target. One thing I stress A LOT is trigger discipline. It's especially important with guns like the Q5 match or the VP9 or a 1911. It's very easy for a new shooter to take a shot, then look back at their coach or somewhere other than the target while their finger is still perched on that light trigger. I think it's much more likely to accidentally fire another round like that then it is for them to screw up and point the gun at someone on purpose.

It takes some thought and patience to properly teach new shooters, but it's time well spent. I'm going to be taking my sister and my niece out for a day at the range soon. We will spend a little time with semi auto pistols, revolvers, shotguns and ARs. My niece is about to graduate with a BA in forensic science and will be interning for the FBI this summer. Presumably her goal is to work for the FBI. I would like nothing more than for her to go to her first range session with her FBI instructors shooting better than they do. :)

It rubs off on any new shooters who are coached by older shooters who coach them courteously and effectively. When I am "Coaching" new shooters I give them the important stuff right away. Firearm safety rules are paramount and always immediately addressed or corrected. Then we work on proper stance, grip, sight picture and trigger press. If you help new shooters get on target from the jump they will be much more enthusiastic about shooting. It's simply much more fun when you actually hit your target. One thing I stress A LOT is trigger discipline. It's especially important with guns like the Q5 match or the VP9 or a 1911. It's very easy for a new shooter to take a shot, then look back at their coach or somewhere other than the target while their finger is still perched on that light trigger. I think it's much more likely to accidentally fire another round like that then it is for them to screw up and point the gun at someone on purpose.

It takes some thought and patience to properly teach new shooters, but it's time well spent. I'm going to be taking my sister and my niece out for a day at the range soon. We will spend a little time with semi auto pistols, revolvers, shotguns and ARs. My niece is about to graduate with a BA in forensic science and will be interning for the FBI this summer. Presumably her goal is to work for the FBI. I would like nothing more than for her to go to her first range session with her FBI instructors shooting better than they do. :)
Good thoughts, words and advice Bob, agree!
The shooting part could be fun watching her give them something to think about? :)
Best of luck to your niece too.

Good thoughts, words and advice Bob, agree!
The shooting part could be fun watching her give them something to think about? :)
Best of luck to your niece too.

Another consideration I failed to mention. Before you get to talking about stance, grip, sight picture, etc. it's a good idea ( especially with brand new shooters) to figure out if they are cross-eye dominant. There is more than one way to address this, but obviously it's preferable to not be cross dominant. In any case it's best to know so it can be addressed from the beginning.

Another consideration I failed to mention. Before you get to talking about stance, grip, sight picture, etc. it's a good idea ( especially with brand new shooters) to figure out if they are cross-eye dominant. There is more than one way to address this, but obviously it's preferable to not be cross dominant. In any case it's best to know so it can be addressed from the beginning.
(y);)

Back