testtest

New sights for my SA-35

wbnash

Alpha
My 77 year old eyes just do not work well any more with a blacked out rear sight. I have gone to TruGlo TFX Pro sights on a number of my other pistols. Sadly, they do not make them for the SA-35. Nothing at Trijicon or Ameriglo either

A search shows that apparently only XS has sights and there is no white ring around the Tritium.

Anything else out there that I should check out?

My 77 year old eyes just do not work well any more with a blacked out rear sight. I have gone to TruGlo TFX Pro sights on a number of my other pistols. Sadly, they do not make them for the SA-35. Nothing at Trijicon or Ameriglo either

A search shows that apparently only XS has sights and there is no white ring around the Tritium.

Anything else out there that I should check out?
Welcome to the SA forum! You've come to the right place. ;)

What, no one sells any kind of white paint where you live? Adding your own white (or any other color) ring (or any other shape) to your front sight is an easy mod. I've done it many times on many different handguns (usually a bright red-orange color).

Brings up an interesting question. Does the SA-35 use the same sight cuts as the Hi-Power? If so, any Hi-Power sight should work.

Does the SA-35 use the same sight cuts as the Hi-Power? If so, any Hi-Power sight should work.

The S-35 uses Tisas BR9 sight cuts which are not BHP standard.

So standard BHP sights won't work, that's why XS makes sights specific for the SA-35.

Welcome to the SA forum! You've come to the right place. ;)

What, no one sells any kind of white paint where you live? Adding your own white (or any other color) ring (or any other shape) to your front sight is an easy mod. I've done it many times on many different handguns (usually a bright red-orange color).
Snake45: My painting skills do not equal those of my 9 year old grandson...LOL.

That said, If I cannot find sights, I will try a paint pen or a small brush.
Dawson Precision has a fiber type front sight listed for the SA-35.

I haver used these Dawson front sights and they work well.

My problem is the blacked out rear sight. My eyes ain't 20 anymore...

Snake45: My painting skills do not equal those of my 9 year old grandson...LOL.

That said, If I cannot find sights, I will try a paint pen or a small brush.

I haver used these Dawson front sights and they work well.

My problem is the blacked out rear sight. My eyes ain't 20 anymore...
Could you drill holes in the rear sight and fill with a luminous paint? Same for front sight.

Back