testtest

New USMC CH-53K King Stallion Helicopter Sling-Loads An F-35

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
The U.S. military’s heaviest-lifting helicopter continues to show off its abilities, this time taking an F-35C for a ride.

New USMC CH-53K King Stallion Helicopter Sling-Loads An F-35

7594872-edited.jpg

I live near NAS Whiting Field where fixed wing and helicopter pilots are trained. We are so accustomed to seeing the training birds buzzing overhead that we hardly notice them. But when we hear the heavies it always makes us stop and look. The power of those machines is awesome. I have a Marine cousin who flies the Stallion and I envy her. My hat is off to all our military aviators

And here I thought I was slick loading up and hauling backhoes around the city on a 20' float.

That's gotta be nerve wracking.

And here I thought I was slick loading up and hauling backhoes around the city on a 20' float.

That's gotta be nerve wracking.
It wasn't too bad since you just had to ignore a large heavy noisy machine with two sets of whirling blades that would chop you up in little pieces and/or squish you less than a second about 3 ft above your head as you went in to attach the apex fitting to the cargo hook on the ship. :whistle:

Everything had to be set-up, the ship comes in to hover over the load then you calmly walk in, attach everything properly, then walk out to the safety area. Piece of cake! :coffee:

Last edited:
It wasn't too bad since you just had to ignore a large heavy noisy machine with two sets of whirling blades that would chop you up in little pieces and/or squish you less than a second about 3 ft above your head as you went in to attach the apex fitting to the cargo hook on the ship. :whistle:

Everything had to be set-up, the ship comes in to hover over the load then you calmly walk in, attach everything properly, then walk out to the safety area. Piece of cake! :coffee:
Oh, is that all ?

Back