testtest

“New” Winchester 68

mikep

Professional
I’d been thinking of a single shot 22 for a little bit, but nothing too serious. I’m a sucker for vintage 22’s, Winchester’s in particular. Well, this one sorta came out of nowhere. The price was right ($200) and it seemed in decent shape. So I am the owner of a Winchester Model 68. The finger groove in the stock and knurled takedown screw dates this rifle to 1934-35. It shoots pretty darn good for a rifle pushing 90. The target is a 5 round group at 20 yd off a bag using CCI standard velocity ammo. The spent 22 shell is for scale. At 52 my eyes aren’t so great looking through that tiny peep sight but damn it was fun. I like the pace of the single shot and definitely like the look of walnut and steel.
That’s it.
F17B8245-3AED-4FBA-AA66-78B1392122A0.jpeg
A6982C0E-A7CB-42F9-8E19-D35FFC30CEA6.jpeg

I’d been thinking of a single shot 22 for a little bit, but nothing too serious. I’m a sucker for vintage 22’s, Winchester’s in particular. Well, this one sorta came out of nowhere. The price was right ($200) and it seemed in decent shape. So I am the owner of a Winchester Model 68. The finger groove in the stock and knurled takedown screw dates this rifle to 1934-35. It shoots pretty darn good for a rifle pushing 90. The target is a 5 round group at 20 yd off a bag using CCI standard velocity ammo. The spent 22 shell is for scale. At 52 my eyes aren’t so great looking through that tiny peep sight but damn it was fun. I like the pace of the single shot and definitely like the look of walnut and steel.
That’s it.
View attachment 41756View attachment 41757
Nice rifle, the single shot .22 rifle was the gun my dad taught us to shoot, and his H&R .22 revolver was the handgun he taught us with, congrats on getting it, looks nice!

Back