testtest

No Second Place Winner

ChanceMcCall

Master Class
One of my great irritations with gun trainers is that many of them miss the importance of drawing and firing ASAP; of course hitting where one aims is also part of the process. There are no second place winners in a gunfight and being the first to plant a solid hit usually means winning if all else is equal.

One of the most overlooked aspects is finding a gun that fits the hand deploying it and that also means instinctive target acquisition even when using the sights or red dot. The link below leads to one of best articles on the subject.

Comments?

Interesting article. I have to admit that I haven't put much thought into finding the ideal fit for my hand. My initial firearms training was provided curtesy of the government, so I was simply issued the same gun as everyone else and made it work. Most of my choices these days are based more concealability and ease of carry than on individual fit. I guess I never really moved past the "make-it-work" mindset. I've always just trained with my guns enough that I can use them proficiently, and never focused too much on how the weapon actually fits my hand. I'm sure my wife will be thrilled to learn that I've just found a reason to buy a new gun :sneaky:.

When necessary, strike first, strike fast. Like dad taught me way, way, way back when in high school. If there is no way out of the fist fight, when he pushes you, make the first punch and whoop some a$$. Also got a kick out of kids that pushed first to start a fight. If you are going to fight, go all in. Dont get into a push match.

Back