testtest

ok boys and girls........expect a huge spike in pricing

Old_Me

Ronin
well, if EV cars are not expensive enough now...

get a load of this BS

US autoworkers may wage a historic strike against Detroit’s 3 biggest automakers – with wages at EV battery plants a key roadblock to agreement​

Seeking equal pay for EV workers​

As part of their bolder strategy, the UAW’s new leaders have criticized the joint ventures between the three automakers and foreign-based electric battery producers.

They want to see Ford, GM and Stellantis paying UAW-level wages and benefits at all joint-venture operated plants in the U.S. making batteries for their EVs. Today, workers at the joint-venture factories earn far less than their counterparts who produce vehicles that run on fossil fuels.

The US Dept of Labor wouldn’t flood the employment sector with border crossers…or would they?
It’s a write off. Hire a B~C get write off.
Used under the guise of pathway to citizenship or path to exploitation?
UAW is posturing, more so because IBEW might be trying to get members to decertify just as the manufacturers are trying to cover EV losses and stockpiles of unsold inventory.
The Scranton Kid is a deal broker, just ask him.

meanwhile around here...ev's sit on the lot
my dealer just finally moved their lighting after 1 year of lot time

he also has many various models from early 22 still sitting unsold.
super duties fly off but everything else is sloooooooooowww

only thing keeping the big 3 afloat is factory sponsored low interest rates.
biden thinks no recession is happening...its happening and its coming faster .

Oh, stories like this will really help sales of electric trucks:

Nobody in the north (here in the US anyway) sees EV as viable in any way, shape or form. This poor guy's story proves it. Nobody with a brain up here would touch one of those with a ten foot pole. If you are an urban dweller who does not travel outside the urban boundaries, maybe it might work for you and make you feel better. Most of us up here live in the real world. We need reliable transportation from point A to point B, because that distance might just be over 500 miles away. They couldn't pay me enough to buy one of those useless pieces of s..t. I don't get what that guy from Winnipeg was even thinking, unless he drank Trudeau's KoolAid....

AND i just read what UAW wanted...OMG over 100 an hour (125) to ASSEMBLE vehicles...
maybe UAW should focus more on assembly quality vice the pay raise
32 hrs a week for 40 hrs of pay OMG
so glad i left the teamster aviation shop
UAW is off the planet

"The union's proposals call for a 32-workweek with 40 hours of pay, pensions extended to all workers, revival of health care coverage for retirees and a 46% increase in wages over the life of the contract, which would expire on May 1, 2028."

Last edited:
The current administration bailed out the Teamsters retirement fund (wonder where all the $$ went) to the tune of $36 BILLION taxpayers (more in debt) dollars, and now the UAW wants a 40% increase in pay.
for the longest time, i was and still am vehemently against ANY form of bailout.

can't pay your bills..?? can't live/work with-in your budgets..??

then fold up, close, lock the doors, and go away.....

Back