testtest

Okay this is a class assignment

First if all, sorry it's so long.

Reloading! In particular talking about cast bullets. So because we're talking about cast bullets hardness comes into effect depending upon the firearm. I got to wondering, if it's necessary to powder coat a hardened bullet for, say, a 9 mm fired out of a handgun, let's say Glock 19.

Now I'm wondering, if I need to make 9 mm even harder if it's being fired out of a carbine.

So for you guys who have experience in reloading what are your thoughts and experiences? Do you need to harden a pure lead powder coated bullet? Can you fire a alloy bullet of the same caliber which has been hardened such as through quenching?

If you're worried about me plagiarizing you, I am required to cite my sources in my assignments.

First if all, sorry it's so long.

Reloading! In particular talking about cast bullets. So because we're talking about cast bullets hardness comes into effect depending upon the firearm. I got to wondering, if it's necessary to powder coat a hardened bullet for, say, a 9 mm fired out of a handgun, let's say Glock 19.

Now I'm wondering, if I need to make 9 mm even harder if it's being fired out of a carbine.

So for you guys who have experience in reloading what are your thoughts and experiences? Do you need to harden a pure lead powder coated bullet? Can you fire a alloy bullet of the same caliber which has been hardened such as through quenching?

If you're worried about me plagiarizing you, I am required to cite my sources in my assignments.
Just remember Glock does not recommend shooting lead bullets in there guns. Some say hard cast yes, but being a former Glock armorer we were instructed no lead of any kind, but some say they haven’t had any issues with them, hard cast I mean, not starting but anything, just relaying on what I was told.

Just remember Glock does not recommend shooting lead bullets in there guns. Some say hard cast yes, but being a former Glock armorer we were instructed no lead of any kind, but some say they haven’t had any issues with them, hard cast I mean, not starting but anything, just relaying on what I was told.
I know a lot of people that run bare lead —and not hard cast, either—through stock Glock barrels with zero issues.

They simply are very, very diligent about cleaning afterwards, and always clean before running jacketed bullets—that’s where the problem lies with poly bores and lead; lead residue builds up in the corners, and a jacketed bullet can (rarely, but it still can happen) have an over pressure event due to the reduced bore diameter.

Glock just says to never do it as a legal CYA…just like Springfield’s XD manual says to never carry it with the chamber loaded.

Plus, coated bullets work the same as plated, so…really a non-issue here.

I know a lot of people that run bare lead —and not hard cast, either—through stock Glock barrels with zero issues.

They simply are very, very diligent about cleaning afterwards, and always clean before running jacketed bullets—that’s where the problem lies with poly bores and lead; lead residue builds up in the corners, and a jacketed bullet can (rarely, but it still can happen) have an over pressure event due to the reduced bore diameter.

Glock just says to never do it as a legal CYA…just like Springfield’s XD manual says to never carry it with the chamber loaded.

Plus, coated bullets work the same as plated, so…really a non-issue here.
All I know is during our Glock armorer course, the instructor relayed this to us several times during the class, not to repeat myself here, I was just passing this on as I was told, like I said, not starting anything here.

Have recently discovered Missouribullet.com for cast bullets. Great information and they have coated bullets as well as two hardness depending on the class for competition or velocity. Pretty much eliminates the leading problem.

Back