testtest

On the home stretch

Sld1959

Hellcat
On the home stretch of the last hand made hobby knife with very few hand power tools, except a drill basically. It's hard on arthritic hands so anything after this will add at least the bench grinder and belt sander. I call them hobby knives because I have never sold one in 40 years, gave most away.

20221014_135504.jpg

Last edited:
a couple of power tools i'd like to have is a drill press. yes, our older hands and the onset of it all.
I have a couple. Strange coincidence. I was out in my shop today modifying an outdoor electrical outlet weather cover with my drill press and I heard something drop. A couple seconds later I see something moving real slow. A mouse. I didn't realize where it came from exactly, but it was stunned and I stomped it. A few seconds later I hear a smaller thud and I look down and there is a little baby mouse. I quickly and cleanly decapitated it with a flatbar. Then I look up at the motor on my drill press and I notice a bunch of crap all over it. I lift the cover that houses the belts and inside is a whole lot of crap the mouse was using for insulation and another baby mouse. Which I also dispatched quickly and humanely with the flatbar.

Now I have to take it apart and clean all that crap out of there. I got this drill press not long ago out of the house I bought next door so I assume this mouse was in there when I got it. The adjuster bar ( up and down) on the pole is held on with hose clamps, but it's a Craftsman and it was free. I was testing it out today.

I have a couple. Strange coincidence. I was out in my shop today modifying an outdoor electrical outlet weather cover with my drill press and I heard something drop. A couple seconds later I see something moving real slow. A mouse. I didn't realize where it came from exactly, but it was stunned and I stomped it. A few seconds later I hear a smaller thud and I look down and there is a little baby mouse. I quickly and cleanly decapitated it with a flatbar. Then I look up at the motor on my drill press and I notice a bunch of crap all over it. I lift the cover that houses the belts and inside is a whole lot of crap the mouse was using for insulation and another baby mouse. Which I also dispatched quickly and humanely with the flatbar.

Now I have to take it apart and clean all that crap out of there. I got this drill press not long ago out of the house I bought next door so I assume this mouse was in there when I got it. The adjuster bar ( up and down) on the pole is held on with hose clamps, but it's a Craftsman and it was free. I was testing it out today.
yeah, those little SOB's can make a home out of anything.

not only that, but they are every where.

i used to find mouse "homes" in the air cleaner housings of cars, and pick up trucks, in my garage days. i used to have to repair chewed up wiring. (they love the soy-based insulation on those wires)

i used to want to slap the "hoidy-toidy" types across the face, that would question why we live in the neighborhood that we do.

going on and on about mice, in the house.

later "learning" thru a friend, they had to call an exterminating company.

so much for "why do you live there".

Back