testtest

Paper Targets Can Kill You

Ur right they are super cute cuz my vet had a scent gland removed car struck skunk she ‘fixed’ up that she let visitors pet & touch that was gated next to the waiting room office girls desks. They still were strong smelling, not bad, just musky I guess.
Do your cats go out ? If so, don’t you worry they’ll have a ‘close encounter’ ?
Plus, being a common rabies carrier is a risk to ur pets too, right?

No, my cats are indoor cats. I had an outdoor cat named Junior but the wife made me give him away. He was too smart to tangle with skunks.

I have petted wild skunks. Never got sprayed. I'm not suggesting anyone try it, but I figure I'm either invincible or a skunk whisperer.

No, my cats are indoor cats. I had an outdoor cat named Junior but the wife made me give him away. He was too smart to tangle with skunks.

I have petted wild skunks. Never got sprayed. I'm not suggesting anyone try it, but I figure I'm either invincible or a skunk whisperer.
My money is on both. Or maybe they were afraid what you’d do if they crop dusted ya !!

When I wore a badge, I shot IPSC/USPSA in my duty gear, shooting the FMJ equivalent of my duty loads. I shot those matches twice a month, and shot two to three times a week on my own.
You'd be surprised how few police officers do anything outside of their yearly qualifying, even the SRT/SWAT types in the smaller agencies.
As a great man once said, it's not about speed, it's about being willing, your practice target doesn't subconsciously, or consciously dictate that you'll only fire at a silhouette thats black, green, or blue, or an in the flesh human being.
You train like you fight, and if you if you train for a fair fight, you've already lost.

When I wore a badge, I shot IPSC/USPSA in my duty gear, shooting the FMJ equivalent of my duty loads. I shot those matches twice a month, and shot two to three times a week on my own.
You'd be surprised how few police officers do anything outside of their yearly qualifying, even the SRT/SWAT types in the smaller agencies.
As a great man once said, it's not about speed, it's about being willing, your practice target doesn't subconsciously, or consciously dictate that you'll only fire at a silhouette thats black, green, or blue, or an in the flesh human being.
You train like you fight, and if you if you train for a fair fight, you've already lost.
Its sad how little time officers get on the range. For time and $$ involved.
Every LEO I know complains about it.
My great friend is K9.
He says he wouldnt want to get in a gunfight with me

That's for sure. I've mentioned before that I end up on the range with an inordinate number of cops and military guys. And I'd say from talking to them that more than half of their respective departments are filled with cops that shoot once a year for quals.

I used to belong to a different range and we allowed several different departments to shoot their quals there. We would always shoot with these guys afterwards and I regularly outshot the majority of them. And brother, I ain't that good a shot.

I’d like to hear from you just how matches will offset.
Speed? Doing fast drills?
What if one has a bad hip and cant do speed between targets?

Can you enlighten me on your thoughts?

Can tell that nothing can enlighten you so I won't waste any time on it.

And I have a bad hip....avascular necrosis

Mine will let me shoot at old refrigerators strapped up with tanerite. :ROFLMAO:
some guy here in the southern part of my state, was blowing up cans of tannerite.

he got arrested.

what i am not sure of, if it was the quantity of it all, or the Tannerite in general that's against the law here...

some guy here in the southern part of my state, was blowing up cans of tannerite.

he got arrested.

what i am not sure of, if it was the quantity of it all, or the Tannerite in general that's against the law here...

They sell it at Walmart here.

he got arrested.

They sell it at Walmart here.
Every sporting goods store around here sells Tannerite on the shelves

it is sold here as well, i just don't see it, only the online ads at 1 store i will go to from time to time.

maybe then, the way he used it..???

i dunno, as soon as i saw the news, i knew it was just that, Tannerite.
News nerds said it was the WAY he was setting it off, by inserting a fuse, not by shooting at it to set it off, is illegal to do there. Plus he was a 20 yr old so .. brain damage too.

I’ll tell a little story long ago about learning paper targets vs real life.

I was hog hunting in a tall box blind overlooking a creek where hogs would come a lot to an open wheat field to dig and root around for food. Had a .270 for hogs and my Sig228 on my side.
No hogs appeared and it was getting dark. Kept hearing this digging and scratching around my stand. Look down to see a skunk scurrying around digging and doing his thing under my ladder. Time goes on and he doesn’t leave and it’s getting where I need to get down. I start throwing water bottles and stuff from my stand at it to get it to move on. No luck. It scurries around about 10 yards and keeps coming back 😩😩😡😡😡

Throw one more item. It runs 10 yard and comes back.🤬🤬🤬. I got to go. It’s getting dark, and I don’t want to walk into him in the dark going back to my truck.

I find shooting a moving target is the hardest. I’ve learned to do it. Takes time. It is necessary to do as a shooter.

Besides, hogs don’t stand still. They run 30mph and cartwheel massively with a headshot😜😁

Before y’all get mad at a dead skunk, a fellow camp bud was sprayed walking back to their vehicle the previous season .

Roll one of these down a hill and shoot at it!
1710882548445.png

I dunno. I’d think in an actual as a civilian you’d be ahead NOT advancing toward an armed opponent, but retreated behind cover and establishing a defensive position. By doing so you are showing that you are trying to de escalate the situation. By advancing you could be perceived a escalating. Just my 2 cents..
It's a huge mistake to think about the court case during the shootout.

I’ll tell a little story long ago about learning paper targets vs real life.

I was hog hunting in a tall box blind overlooking a creek where hogs would come a lot to an open wheat field to dig and root around for food. Had a .270 for hogs and my Sig228 on my side.
No hogs appeared and it was getting dark. Kept hearing this digging and scratching around my stand. Look down to see a skunk scurrying around digging and doing his thing under my ladder. Time goes on and he doesn’t leave and it’s getting where I need to get down. I start throwing water bottles and stuff from my stand at it to get it to move on. No luck. It scurries around about 10 yards and keeps coming back 😩😩😡😡😡

Throw one more item. It runs 10 yard and comes back.🤬🤬🤬. I got to go. It’s getting dark, and I don’t want to walk into him in the dark going back to my truck.

Out comes my P228. Skunk is 10 yards out. Boom! Miss just short of head. Skunk jumps. Crap. Forgot I was elevated looking down. Adjust. Skunk is running circles but still 10 yards out. Boom! Miss. Just short of body. Blows dirt into skunk. Skunk jumps and is going bat poop crazy. Same circles. WTF! Boom! Miss again. 1” off 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
Think! Moving target .. lead and adjust!! That’s it. Like bird hunting!! Boom. Dead. Paced off 22 steps from ladder.

Shot bulls eyes for years, but never other than static paper. Real life was a moving target. Muscle memory wasn’t there for a moving target. Muscle memory was there for a shotgun on a fast bird, but not a pistol.
Started training real soon on the moving targets, then me on the move, then both on the move.
Haven’t done it in awhile, and I’m rusty.
That will be in the training rotation soon.

If you don’t practice reloads, failures, drills, moving, etc, there will be no training to fall back on when something goes wrong. Every pilot trains for big problems with their aircraft to fail. So WHEN it does, the mindset is there to fall back on training. A gun will fail. You may trip and dump the mag or countless other issues.( seen it happen in a training to someone)

I find shooting a moving target is the hardest. I’ve learned to do it. Takes time. It is necessary to do as a shooter.

Besides, hogs don’t stand still. They run 30mph and cartwheel massively with a headshot😜😁

Before y’all get mad at a dead skunk, a fellow camp bud was sprayed walking back to their vehicle the previous season .
Another skunk story…..
Still living at home with parents, got home at 4:30 am from work on my motorcycle, got the bike into the garage and was walking across the patio to back door and I look down and see a black and white medium sized fur ball, the family cat was black and white so I’m thinking no one let her in for the night?
As I get closer and about to reach down and pet our cat I look again and realize it’s a skunk, I froze then slowly backed away. Didn’t get sprayed but I’m sure if I petted it I would have.
Close call.

Back