testtest

Parabellum

7ate9

Operator
I want to reload 4 9 with 115 to 125 grains. What items could I get that would not cost very much and b reliable? I do not know anyone near me that loads. I'll try and find someone close that could help me with the process. Or is there good videos to watch!

Loading 9mm with anything less than a progressive set-up is a PITA.

This is the basis for starting off on the right track.

Mite b worth it as already set up and dies included. I checked on primers and cases 4 9 and easy 2 come by. The hard part is deciding on a gun! 1911 and clones are not cheap. Something reliable and under 500 ducks could b nice. I do not have the trust in a used gun.

Mite b worth it as already set up and dies included. I checked on primers and cases 4 9 and easy 2 come by. The hard part is deciding on a gun! 1911 and clones are not cheap. Something reliable and under 500 ducks could b nice. I do not have the trust in a used gun.
Reliable and around $500. Shield Plus. Springfield Hellcat. Any number of Glocks. Something more full size, more reliable and certainly more class, look at a H&K VP9. They're around $700 usually.

Here's a great beginner single stage kit for reloading. A single stage press is probably the easiest way to go for someone trying to break into reloading with a lot less move parts to adjust. This kit has most of what you'll need aside from dies and a one brass cleaner, like a dry media vibratory tumbler, ultrasonic cleaner, or a rotary pin cleaner.

Save all your brass. If you do not have enough, buy once fired from an online source. I enjoy a Dillon 650 with case feeder. The SD also makes good ammo, but is slower and uses proprietary dies. I have two of these set up to use as a dedicated machine.
Too bad about not knowing other reloaders. Check to see if your range has gun events. Sometimes clubs will have swap meets or members will bring things to sell. I bought multiple bags of 9mm brass for $20/500. I order bullets online and enjoy the coated lead bullets now.
Get multiple reloading books before you start reloading. I can recommend Lyman, Lee and Loadbooks (one caliber). YouTube has videos that are helpful for machine adjustment, etc.

I want to reload 4 9 with 115 to 125 grains. What items could I get that would not cost very much and b reliable? I do not know anyone near me that loads. I'll try and find someone close that could help me with the process. Or is there good videos to watch!
i started reloading a few short months ago. long story, i have my own thread. explaining what i have and was able to obtain for little start up money.

way too many super cool people here that'll help you with anything regarding reloading.

just ask for help

i am still new, and thusly, i really cannot advise you much, except to say that if you were to maybe get the Dillon Square Deal B, you have to get the dies from them (Dillon), and that could be problematic, if they have a back order on them. which they did have, but it might be better now.

i have the Dillon 550c, and like a few others here, we are not beholding to Dillon dies. i am using Lee carbide dies, for all my calibers, like 9mm, 38/357, 45 ACP, and 45 Colt LC.

i also have Lee Pro-4000

and there are even more reloading die companies to choose from

i do not shoot rifle, but my Dillon can handle rifle reloading, i am not certain if the Square Deal B does.

read the books carefully, and adhere to the specs either online from the powder makers, or in the books.

reloading is another step up the knowledge ladder in this sport/hobby.

i started reloading a few short months ago. long story, i have my own thread. explaining what i have and was able to obtain for little start up money.

way too many super cool people here that'll help you with anything regarding reloading.

just ask for help

i am still new, and thusly, i really cannot advise you much, except to say that if you were to maybe get the Dillon Square Deal B, you have to get the dies from them (Dillon), and that could be problematic, if they have a back order on them. which they did have, but it might be better now.

i have the Dillon 550c, and like a few others here, we are not beholding to Dillon dies. i am using Lee carbide dies, for all my calibers, like 9mm, 38/357, 45 ACP, and 45 Colt LC.

i also have Lee Pro-4000

i do not shoot rifle, but my Dillon can handle rifle reloading, i am not certain if the Square Deal B does.

read the books carefully, and adhere to the specs either online from the powder makers, or in the books.

From the link @Talyn posted it only does straight wall cartridges up to 45 long colt? Item I did not take into are brass trimmers, scales, cleaners for brass and probably something else?

From the link @Talyn posted it only does straight wall cartridges up to 45 long colt? Item I did not take into are brass trimmers, scales, cleaners for brass and probably something else?
as far as i have known it to be, trimming pistol brass is not usually done. from what i was told, it is for rifle brass.

but yes, a good digital or beam scale, some sort of cleaning process, either liquid or media ( i switch out from liquid and media from time to time).

for media cleaning, i use walnut media, (i get at Harbor Freight) in a vibrator machine, i polish with corn cob, in another vibrator machine. (corn cob polishing media Lyman, i get from online retailers)...i also get Lyman polishing liquid online as well.

i just started liquid cleaning with Iossa, then i dry it in a dehydrator, then that brass goes into the corn cob polishing media.

not really any more difficult to do either cleaning method, nor really time consuming.

for a scale(s) i have a Hornady digital, then when i bought that Lee press (actually when i bought range officers entire reloading room, which included his Dillon press) he had a brand new RCBS beam scale, which i have yet to use, as beam scales are as accurate as can be, and require no batteries...

a "bullet puller", which amount to a plastic hammer, that you remove the bullet from the brass casing. something you WILL do from time to time.

the list goes on and on, but basic reloading items like i mentioned are helpful to have

some guys do not go all out cleaning or polishing, i do cuz i wanted to learn step by step on how it is done. maybe in time, i will not be as anal as i am now about that process.

i think it is good to know as much as possible, to appreciate the entire gun ownership experience.

then, pick and choose, what really matters at a later time.

a whole lotta youtube videos on how to use each tool can be found, just type in for instance, How to use a bullet puller

all the major reloading press companies have thier own videos, that are GREAT learning ways, as well as those here that don't stop trying, to lend you support..

as far as i have known it to be, trimming pistol brass is not usually done. from what i was told, it is for rifle brass.

but yes, a good digital or beam scale, some sort of cleaning process, either liquid or media ( i switch out from liquid and media from time to time).

for media cleaning, i use walnut media, (i get at Harbor Freight) in a vibrator machine, i polish with corn cob, in another vibrator machine. (corn cob polishing media Lyman, i get from online retailers)...i also get Lyman polishing liquid online as well.

i just started liquid cleaning with Iossa, then i dry it in a dehydrator, then that brass goes into the corn cob polishing media.

not really any more difficult to do either cleaning method, nor really time consuming.

for a scale(s) i have a Hornady digital, then when i bought that Lee press (actually when i bought range officers entire reloading room, which included his Dillon press) he had a brand new RCBS beam scale, which i have yet to use, as beam scales are as accurate as can be, and require no batteries...

a "bullet puller", which amount to a plastic hammer, that you remove the bullet from the brass casing. something you WILL do from time to time.

the list goes on and on, but basic reloading items like i mentioned are helpful to have

some guys do not go all out cleaning or polishing, i do cuz i wanted to learn step by step on how it is done. maybe in time, i will not be as anal as i am now about that process.

i think it is good to know as much as possible, to appreciate the entire gun ownership experience.

then, pick and choose, what really matters at a later time.

a whole lotta youtube videos on how to use each tool can be found, just type in for instance, How to use a bullet puller

all the major reloading press companies have thier own videos, that are GREAT learning ways, as well as those here that don't stop trying, to lend you support..
I will read thru your thread for more information.
Thanks!

I will read thru your thread for more information.
Thanks!
yeah, maybe like the first few posts, and the responses.

i update it rather regularly with questions, or pictures, and the great advice they give me.

i like that it is up as a somewhat blog/diary of my adventure into the world of reloading.

check out the last 2 or 3 posts i made, regarding my 38 special reloads.

just ask for help

i also have Lee Pro-4000

The Square Deal comes with dies & are pre-adjusted. One just has to adjust for the desired powder charge.

Back