testtest

PCC VS. Rifle – The Home Defense Conundrum

I've got both AR pistols and PCCs for home/bedroom CQB defense. AR pistols in 300BO I plan to suppress, CZ Micro Scorpion, Sig MPX Copperhead, and MCK's for Glocks G19 & G20. (This doesn't include my shotguns (Shockwave/Tac14) or pistols I have laying around. :sneaky:

I personally prefer a high capcaity 9mm pistol over a 9mm PCC in the house. 17 round pistol in 9mm gives a little more ease of use IMO. Just have not been a fan of the platform like a scorpion or such. Uzi on the other hand... 😁

I'm much more accurate & maneuverable with my Glock 20 MCK & Glock 21 MCK than a straight handgun, plus the 25/27 rds. in each mag of 45acp/10mm is pretty effective close in.
PCC platforms are very accurate, I’m just not a fan of the platform. I’d go for an AR instead. Fired Sig MCX and Scorpions of various styles. Rather go straight pistol or AR. I see the pros of the platform, but I am more natural with a pistol within 30 yards

I like PCC’s in the HD role; my Z5/MP5SF works great, is very compact, and has excellent accuracy...and isn’t as brutal when fired indoors as a short-barreled “pistol” in a rifle caliber. I run 147gr subsonic JHP, and it really isn’t too bad on the ears...and has tremendous performance out of the 8” barrel.

I would go with a PCC over a rifle due to concerns about over-penetration. Of course, I'm most likely to use a handgun as my home-defense weapon because I will have one on me if I'm awake, and will have one in reach if I'm asleep. I have a defensive shotgun near the bed, but I think that my instinct would be to grab the pistol because I am so used to carrying one and have had so much more range time with my handguns. I love compact PCC's, but I know that when I finally buy one I will be more likely to use it as a range toy than anything else.

I'm looking for a PCC in 40 cal right now most of what I have seen in LGS are in 9mm. I think that they would be easier to control.

I'm assuming you would want something more compact, but I picked up a Hi-Point .40 S&W Carbine awhile back. The Hi-Point is big, heavy, and ugly, but it is a blast to shoot. I'm not a Hi-Point fanboy by any means, but I was pleasantly surprised by how much fun my kids and I have when we take it the 4095 out to the land. I still see them popping up on gun.deals from time to time for under $300, and I think the fun-to-cost ratio makes them a good buy.

I'm assuming you would want something more compact, but I picked up a Hi-Point .40 S&W Carbine awhile back. The Hi-Point is big, heavy, and ugly, but it is a blast to shoot. I'm not a Hi-Point fanboy by any means, but I was pleasantly surprised by how much fun my kids and I have when we take it the 4095 out to the land. I still see them popping up on gun.deals from time to time for under $300, and I think the fun-to-cost ratio makes them a good buy.
I do have one of the older Hi-point in 9mm had it for around 20 years I think. It is fun to shoot but like you said I would like something more compact.

Back