testtest

primed brass

Who has bought primed brass in past or present? I have in pistol, but from what I bought I wouldn't do it again! Well not from that manufacturer anyway! I see where there is new primed rifle brass (very limited), but wonder about what primers are used. The brass manufacturer is reputable, but hesitant about purchasing?

A little more info. It's 338LM, but with NT headstamp (American made in Arizona most likely by Berger) @ $3/per with primer. Option 2 would be Lapua headstamp @ $3.10/per without primer.

I have 1k rounds of loaded 338LM (factory) with Sierra 250SMK. So, I have plenty of brass for 1 gun in that cartridge. If it were 308, 556 or other small calibers I wouldn't 2nd guess the purchase.

I bought several thousand primed Winchester .45 ACP brass years ago and has worked fine.
I had bought some JAG headstamped brass primed and they were terribly unreliable! Brass was fine, but primers were a joke! Several wouldn't fire. I checked further on if it was primers or not and it was the primers. With today's lack of availability on primers I'm not sure if or what kind of primers are installed on the 338LM (NT headstamp) brass. LRP or LMRP?

Back