testtest

Pup enjoying the company

Sld1959

Hellcat
My lil puppy enjoying the company for granddaughters bd.

20220123_154137.jpg

mikep said: "They’re always puppies in my house, no matter the age."
and javbike said: "a house without a dog no way!!!"
and SimonRL said: "Nothing like a happy dog!

All 3 of those statements are truer than true and relevant to all us animal lovers!!!

How well I know .... because our place hasn't been the same for almost a year since we lost our last rescued Brittany girl. All of our Brittanies over the past 30 years or so have been rescues from ABR. Unfortunately the wife and I have decided to not replace the last one at our age. We'd likely leave another one behind when we go and we don't want that.

And yes to those who might ask ..... we have seriously considered a senior rescue dog of maybe 10+ years old. But neither of us think we could go through another loss of a truly loved one. And once they come into the house, they truly become a member of the family and a 'loved one'.

We've even considered 'fostering' a rescue dog, but it would still be 'losing' them when they went to their 'forever' home. I once heard it said about fostering dogs and how it hurts our hearts when the time comes for them to go to their forever homes ........

"When they have to leave us for their forever home, it breaks our hearts so that theirs never have to be broken again!"

Yeh, I'm just an ol' softy when it comes to my animals!

All 3 of those statements are truer than true and relevant to all us animal lovers!!!

How well I know .... because our place hasn't been the same for almost a year since we lost our last rescued Brittany girl. All of our Brittanies over the past 30 years or so have been rescues from ABR. Unfortunately the wife and I have decided to not replace the last one at our age. We'd likely leave another one behind when we go and we don't want that.

And yes to those who might ask ..... we have seriously considered a senior rescue dog of maybe 10+ years old. But neither of us think we could go through another loss of a truly loved one. And once they come into the house, they truly become a member of the family and a 'loved one'.

We've even considered 'fostering' a rescue dog, but it would still be 'losing' them when they went to their 'forever' home. I once heard it said about fostering dogs and how it hurts our hearts when the time comes for them to go to their forever homes ........

"When they have to leave us for their forever home, it breaks our hearts so that theirs never have to be broken again!"

Our most sincere sympathies for your loss. They give so much, and leave such a hole when gone.

We had a chocolate lab for 9 years it broke our heart so bad I said no more I told to a women I knew she always said keep your heart open for them so we ended up with Lola girl it just a lot when it’s their time I know what you are sayin I am an old softy’s at heart for them

Our most sincere sympathies for your loss. They give so much, and leave such a hole when gone.
Thanks, but it's been awhile now and things are getting back to normal. Of course we still miss her very much, actually we miss all of them we've had over the years.

I think I've said "No More" every time we lost one. But up till now we always got another one. :):):)

We inherited our son's dog, which was tough because we lived at a place that did not allow dogs, so we moved. we had him for about 5 years and he developed a cancer and had to put him down.
swore we get another and of course.....I was, mistaken...
ADA7B0D2-691A-4700-9E92-8A114F268D29.jpeg
ADA7B0D2-691A-4700-9E92-8A114F268D29.jpeg

Back