testtest

Range Report: Lousy Day at the Range, 3/20/24

Hi guys!

Aww, you guys are too nice! ;)

I've had off days also, sometimes it just happens. Don't overthink it, next time you go it will be all better for no other reason then it was just a better day. On the bright side the groups would of still suffice for EDC purposes.

Sure. Like I said, because of my age and eyesight I'll never win any sporting competitions. All I want to do is win when it counts, keeping my loved one safe. And if I have some fun while I learn, why not? :)

I sometimes think about the cold ones at the bar while at a match. It doesn't help in that moment, but they do taste good once I'm finally there. You had a good time, so that's what counts.

Indeed. I like the dark brews myself.

1711037911850.png

you know, i know what you mean about "favorite" shooting lanes..

at the public range, i prefer the last lane #12 for 2 reasons,

1) no one can step on my brass,

2) i like the wall on my right side....as this really helps me gather up as much of my brass as possible.

at the club, i am all alone, so no brass steppers, and i prefer the #2 port, with the wall to my left..and i got all the area to sweep up for brass. my brass, (everyone cleans up after themselves, so no extra brass for me)

if i use any other lane at either place, i am all discombobulated

but those are not the sole reasons for my bad days...some days we are good, some days..........well....we need another nap.

Yeah, it's funny how you get used to a certain environment, get comfortable, do pretty good. Then something changes and it throws you off kilter. I guess that's all part of the training, right? You don't get to choose when you'll use your gun. Someone else will make that choice for your and won't let you know until the last second.

I keep telling myself that one of these days I'll get into reloading and start collecting my brass. That day hasn't come yet. Maybe after I acquire all the guns I want to collect. But who knows when that will be? :ROFLMAO:

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Hi guys!

Aww, you guys are too nice! ;)

Sure. Like I said, because of my age and eyesight I'll never win any sporting competitions. All I want to do is win when it counts, keeping my loved one safe. And if I have some fun while I learn, why not? :)

Indeed. I like the dark brews myself.

View attachment 54517

Yeah, it's funny how you get used to a certain environment, get comfortable, do pretty good. Then something changes and it throws you off kilter. I guess that's all part of the training, right? You don't get to choose when you'll use your gun. Someone else will make that choice for your and won't let you know until the last second.

I keep telling myself that one of these days I'll get into reloading and start collecting my brass. That day hasn't come yet. Maybe after I acquire all the guns I want to collect. But who knows when that will be? :ROFLMAO:

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
start collecting your brass NOW...!!

buy the large 5 gallon pails (and lids) at lowes, or home depot, fill up 1 with 1 caliber, and other with yet another caliber, and so on, and so forth..

even if you do not get into reloading, in time those buckets fill up, and you can take them to the recycling yard, and cash them in........depending on that days brass prices, you can do quite well

but if you do decide to get into reloading, you will have plenty of new-once fired brass on hand, cuz the prices of new, or used brass, keeps climbing.....

better to have, than not to have.

this is what i did, before i got into reloading....

Back