testtest

Range Report - Ronin EMP, etc

Hammer67

Professional
I needed to put some more rounds through both the Ronin EMP and the Ronin 10mm in order to feel solid with carrying them, and figured I'd throw the Colt Commander in the range bag while I was at it:

IMG_4227.jpg

First up was the EMP. These were the first five shots, with no warm up, drawing from concealment in 7 seconds:

IMG_4228.jpeg

2nd time I did the drill it was under 5 seconds with comparable accuracy (excluding the dropped shot in the bottom of the red zone on the first round). And then continued to put the rest of a box of Winchester FMJs through it. Very pleased with the accuracy and handling of the EMP, and it is now my carry.

Put another box of Underwood 200gr HCFNs through the Ronin 10mm. That makes two boxes of the Underwood with zero feeding issues, through both the OEM mag, and a 10-round Chip McCormick mag that I use for backup. This is my chosen woods round, and I want to be 100% sure it's reliable. I'm comfortable with that now.

And what can I say about the Colt? It's been a solid trooper, and today was no exception. Put a box of Sig 230g FMJ through it with zero issues. For hiking in places where I don't feel the need for 10mm, I'm confident carrying the Colt.

I needed to put some more rounds through both the Ronin EMP and the Ronin 10mm in order to feel solid with carrying them, and figured I'd throw the Colt Commander in the range bag while I was at it:

View attachment 31426

First up was the EMP. These were the first five shots, with no warm up, drawing from concealment in 7 seconds:

View attachment 31427

2nd time I did the drill it was under 5 seconds with comparable accuracy (excluding the dropped shot in the bottom of the red zone on the first round). And then continued to put the rest of a box of Winchester FMJs through it. Very pleased with the accuracy and handling of the EMP, and it is now my carry.

Put another box of Underwood 200gr HCFNs through the Ronin 10mm. That makes two boxes of the Underwood with zero feeding issues, through both the OEM mag, and a 10-round Chip McCormick mag that I use for backup. This is my chosen woods round, and I want to be 100% sure it's reliable. I'm comfortable with that now.

And what can I say about the Colt? It's been a solid trooper, and today was no exception. Put a box of Sig 230g FMJ through it with zero issues. For hiking in places where I don't feel the need for 10mm, I'm confident carrying the Colt.
My favorite 1911’s that I own are my Colts!

Back