testtest

Range Report SIG STX vs S&W 1911PC

HayesGreener

Hellcat
I took them both to my range this morning and ran them through the LEOSA/HR218 course. They performed superbly. I had one flyer with the SIG from 15 yds when I got on the trigger too quickly but both shot good groups. The head shots are all from failure drills. If I had to choose I would say the SIG shot a tighter group by a gnat's wing.

Attachments

• 20230927_100810.jpg
    20230927_100810.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 63
I would have to buy lunch again because of that flyer. I often bought lunch. Saaaay, I wonder if that's why he liked going shooting with me????
He liked shooting with you because you both took it serious, yet friendly in competition. It's one of those special times only friends know. I miss mine too...hunting, shooting, archery, nothing been the same since Don and dad died. I shoot guns and bow, and go to the woods, mostly all the three alone, but it's not the same. Much of the time in the woods is spent remembering. Being the last sucks.

I took them both to my range this morning and ran them through the LEOSA/HR218 course. They performed superbly. I had one flyer with the SIG from 15 yds when I got on the trigger too quickly but both shot good groups. The head shots are all from failure drills. If I had to choose I would say the SIG shot a tighter group by a gnat's wing.
ah yes...the STX.........a fine 1911, isn't it..???

i love mine, you will love yours..........

did you read the owners manual on cleaning and lube..??

Sig recommends grease on the rails........

oh dammit...what kind of grease, what constancy, what brand, what color..........????????????????????????

1695841691120.png

ah yes...the STX.........a fine 1911, isn't it..???

i love mine, you will love yours..........

did you read the owners manual on cleaning and lube..??

Sig recommends grease on the rails........

oh dammit...what kind of grease, what constancy, what brand, what color..........????????????????????????

View attachment 44211
Tw25

Owner's manual? Don't need no stinking owners manual!😁

yeah, i "hear" about that grease a lot.

i use EWG (extreme weapons grease) from Slip 2000. (synthetic)

did you get a free sample of grease in your gun's case.??

i was supposed to, for the 2 Sigs i have, but there was none.
Most of my Sigs came with one kind or lube sample or another over the years. I think the lube companies give them truckloads of samples to throw in the box

when i opened each case at the gun store, i just briefly looked at the packet the paperwork comes in.

when i got them home, and really went thru all the paperwork, pamphlets, there was supposed to be Lucas gun grease.

there wasn't so i emailed Sig..

"oh, we don't do that anymore"...

i held back, but wanted to say, "well then damit, make sure the "free lube enclosed note is removed"..???

when i opened each case at the gun store, i just briefly looked at the packet the paperwork comes in.

when i got them home, and really went thru all the paperwork, pamphlets, there was supposed to be Lucas gun grease.

i held back, but wanted to say, "well then damit, make sure the "free lube enclosed note is removed"..???
I have some but I don't care for Lucas grease because it will stain your clothes. But it is a pretty shade of blue....

They do put a little packet of SPEC1 lube with their guns nowadays, that's about it. Never tried it, just stash it as a typical Eastern Block hoarder abused by decades of communism :D

I do use Clenzoil grease, works well and it's got a nice blue that gets nicely on your clothes and fingers if you put too much on the slide...

Exemplary shooting as always, that goes without saying :)

Hey!

It's good to see you out taking care of business. Nice work on those targets. It's always good to remember old friends.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Back