testtest

Recent Pew Research Findings on Gun Ownership

Hammer67

Professional

Nearly half of U.S. adults who do not currently own a gun say they could see themselves owning one in the future

Worth a read.

This was one of the data points that really jumped out at me in this survey:

"How non-gun owners feel about possibly owning a gun. About half of Americans who don’t own a gun say they could never see themselves owning one (52%) while nearly as many could imagine themselves as gun owners in the future (47%). These views are little changed from 2017."

Almost half of non-gun owners could imagine themselves as gun owners in the future. When you combine current gun owners with 47% of non-gun owners who are open to the idea, you have a significant majority of the population. Let that sink in...

They better get to it before the imbecile in the White House and his tyrannical comrades try to make it impossible. Heard a report that Kamala got all dreamy about the possibility of making the US like Australia with regard to gun ownership.

They don't even try to hide the fact that they want to create a disarmed society so they can control the populace without resistance. As an added bonus, they want their Islamo-Nazi allies to be able to slaughter their enemies with impunity.

well of course it's "easy"..in thier view...walk into store, look, hold, buy......

they don't "see" what one has to go thru, regarding the background check(s)

Yup. I've seen that time and time again in talking with non-gun owners. There has been a perception created that buying a gun is like buying paper towels. And when I explain what actually takes place in order to buy a gun, even in a state where it is "easy," they are surprised. Most people seem to have no idea that form 4473 exists, or that you have to do a federal background check every time you buy a gun already (unless you're "pre-approved" as some of us are).

Thanks for the link, Hammer. I agree with you that unless a person has actually bought a gun, they have no idea of what is required. They get their information from biased sources.

In Illinois you fill out form 4473, a background check is run, if you are approved then you have a 3 day waiting period. As bad as this is I think it's going to be almost impossible to buy a handgun or semi-automatic rifle in the near future.

They had better be careful. It has been my experience that purchasing a handgun is akin to purchasing a cigar. First you buy a 25 count humidor thinking that’s all you will ever need and some 2k+ cigars later… The same is true of gun safes and ammo storage.

In TX you walk in, pick your gun, they run your background check, you put your readies down and you walk out with your new gun. If everything goes right the whole process takes about an hour. The longest part for a newbie is deciding on a gun.

With an LTC the process is completely dependent on how quickly you can fill out the 4473. Most of the time it takes to LGS longer for someone to double check the form. I’ve walked in and out with a new gun in under 20 minutes.

In TX you walk in, pick your gun, they run your background check, you put your readies down and you walk out with your new gun. If everything goes right the whole process takes about an hour. The longest part for a newbie is deciding on a gun.

With an LTC the process is completely dependent on how quickly you can fill out the 4473. Most of the time it takes to LGS longer for someone to double check the form. I’ve walked in and out with a new gun in under 20 minutes.
Same in Kentucky.

Identical in NH. Last gun purchase it took longer to fill out the form than the approval by the FBI, 10 minutes grand total :ROFLMAO:

Back