testtest

relaoding for the finer points

Precision or just plinking and anywhere in between? Pinpoint accuracy is always nice, but what type do you reload for? What's your process and how do you determine it? Most of what I've done in the past mainly came down to hunting and never too the nitpicking into the equation. I just went by the book on loads and never really customized each load. The only tools for the job I used (at the time) were a press, beam scale and cailper. Now with more than 1 firearm using the same cartridge my tools increased. Modified cases, electronic scale, full length case gauges, headspace bushings and comparators have been added. With the modified cases as a general use I've decided to use fired cases and modify them per each specific firearm. It just gives better info. What was needed to make homemade modified cases are an 8x32tpi tap and a 9/32nds bit. What drives your reloading time?

BTW, I'm willing to make modified cases for those interested for 0 money. PM me if interested. You will need a Hornady OAL gauge either straight or curved.

I reload, .32 Mag., .380, 9mm, .44 Spec., .44 Mag..45ACP, .38 Spec., .45 Schofield, .45 Colt and 12 Ga.. Revolvers and shotgun are for Cowboy Action and range fun. Pistol reloading is for range fun. Self defense ammo is retail.
Cowboy action is close and fast with velocity limits. It works best with lower powered loads so your split times are quicker. My auto loads are at the lower end of the book such as 750-850 .45 ACP. I want them to function well, not beat me up, but not be too soft compared with factory loads.
I listen to music while reloading, cleaning guns, prepping brass, etc. I get to pay attention to what I'm doing with pleasant tunes in the background (blues and classic rock).
I've accumulated my stuff over decades, but after thousands of rounds, it is long paid for. The best part is my ammunition is a fraction of what retail is which means I can shoot more per dollar than those who don't reload.

Back