testtest

Remington In Hot Water Over Firing Employees, Facing Federal Investigation

The holding company that divested the range of "former" Remington assets has fired the empoyees since the holding company no longer owns the "Remington"name, nor the Illion factory assets.

Roundhill now does, and has indicated they will re-open the factory but they have to "hire" employees to do so.

Unless Roundhill agreed to comply with prior labor agreements as part of "their purchase" the problem is not Roundhill's but the holding company's that has not honored "prior" labor agreements (severance & accurred vacation time) when they were the "former" Remington. If Roundhill did agree to assume prior obligations then it's their problem now.

Therefore, the article's author should have named the holding company or Roundhill vs. using the brand name "Remington".

Last edited:
This is so reminiscent of how Remington works and how they treat/treated there employees. Everyone talks about how Remington quality went down hill well now you can understand, I want to believe a high percentage of employees want to do a high quality job but when you’re treated disrespectfully it wears on you and quality/production will suffer.
I know first hand Remington’s business/management tactics and besides The Ford motor Company they were the worst company I ever worked for.
After reading the article I’m not at all surprised at how Remington is treating the employees. And as the article stated “not confirmed” that the CEO used a front man to back door himself into the purchasing company shows at length the deceptive practices Remington management will go to to keep their jobs while screwing over the little guy. These people know no shame or remorse,
this whole situation is reprehensible.

Last edited:
I hope I'm wrong when I say that they'll probably hire a bunch of $10/hr newbies with little or no firearm manufacturing experience and quality will still suffer. We'll all be watching you closely Roundhill.
It would be in the best interest for the new owners and future gun sales to
re-hire the employees that were let go but what you mentioned about the pay scale was exactly what Remington said to the Marlin employees when they shut Marlin down.
Remington told Marlin employees they had first choice at jobs in Iliad NY at a 75% cut in pay. F$$$ing joke.

It would be in the best interest for the new owners and future gun sales to
re-hire the employees that were let go but what you mentioned about the pay scale was exactly what Remington said to the Marlin employees when they shut Marlin down.
Remington told Marlin employees they had first choice at jobs in Iliad NY at a 75% cut in pay. F$$$ing joke.
This is what happens when a company cares more about profits, then making a quality product, and paying good wages to its employees.

I hope I'm wrong when I say that they'll probably hire a bunch of $10/hr newbies with little or no firearm manufacturing experience and quality will still suffer. We'll all be watching you closely Roundhill.
I've seen similar HR actions by other companies that use this tactic to reset paygrades throughout the organization. For example, pay could be based on position and qualifications without regard to tenure. In this case, everyone may have to reapply for their position.

Just plain sucks no matter how you look at it. They will all have to start over if they stay or start a new job some where else.

I hate to see historic American brands go under, but some of them seem hellbent on ruining themselves into the ground. My 870's are some of my favorite pump guns, but it will be a long time before I will be willing to trust any new Remington products. One of the main reasons I try to buy American is to support American workers. When I see a company treat their employees in such a manner, it makes me think that they don't deserve my support.

Back