testtest

Replacement Walnut Stocks for M1A Scout Rifle

Vavrinec

Alpha
Hello, new member to the forum, I own a Springfield Scout M1A rifle with the company issued composite stock and would like to replace it with a standard Springfield walnut stock. I prefer the wood over the composite for completely ascetic and nostalgic reasons, but I can’t seem to find one. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Vav, I just ordered, received and installed an LRB stock on my M1A-Loaded...recommend you pay the extra $120 for having the hardware pre-installed. The main stock fit perfectly without mods. I have a standard M1A and ordered and installed the wood hand guard as well....that required extensive woodwork (for me...4 re-installs to get it right) and final finishing with linseed oil.

LRB had them in stock, and I received it about 5-6 business days after placing the order.

Just a note, the LRB wood stock is significantly "thicker" than the composite stock in both the grip and the fore-stock area. Just a word of warning if you are not expecting the difference in grip for both hands.

Back