testtest

Response from Sen. Roy Blunt

Bassbob

Emissary
As I mentioned in the thread where the links to contacting senators urging them to vote against the farce that is the bi- partisan whatever act, I mentioned that one of my senators would never vote for it in a million years and the other one was voting for it on his way out the door as he is retiring. I thought you guys might get a kick out of his ridiculous response to my letter.

Dear Bob:

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts on gun violence in our nation and potential legislative solutions. I grieve with all Americans over these heartbreaking tragedies.

In response to mass shootings in recent years, including the recent shootings in Uvalde, Texas and Buffalo, New York, there have been calls for immediate action to address gun violence. It is important we have a serious national discussion about how to prevent these senseless acts and protect the lives of all Americans.

I supported the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act, a landmark legislative effort to expand mental health services, keep weapons out of the hands of violent criminals, and keep our schools safe, while also protecting the constitutional rights inherent to law-abiding Americans under the Second Amendment. It is important to note that the bipartisan proposal does not include any new restrictions for law-abiding gun owners. The solutions put forth under this legislation will transform the behavioral and mental health infrastructure in the United States, promote strong due process rights, while helping to keep our homes, schools, and families safe.

The Bipartisan Safer Communities Act includes an expansion of the Excellence in Mental Health Program that Senator Stabenow and I have led that will provide every state that chooses to participate with funding for Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinics—building on a successful effort that has shown results across the country. Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinics are required to provide a comprehensive set of services including 24/7/365 crisis services; outpatient mental health and substance abuse treatment services; immediate screenings, risk assessments, and diagnoses; and care coordination including partnerships with emergency rooms, law enforcement, and veterans groups. We need to continue working to ensure anyone who has a mental or behavioral health issue can get the treatment they need, when they need it.

I appreciate your insight and advocacy on this important issue. I will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind should Congress consider further related legislation.

Again, thank you for contacting me. I look forward to continuing our conversation on Facebook (www.facebook.com/SenatorBlunt) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/RoyBlunt) about the important issues facing Missouri and the country. I also encourage you to visit my website (blunt.senate.gov) to learn more about where I stand on the issues and sign-up for my e-newsletter.

Sincere regards,

Roy Blunt
United States Senator

At least you got a response, an official form letter no less! I spent 2 days lobbying my rep and senators on behalf of my industry about 15 years ago. I traveled to DC, made appointments and met with their staff(s) in person...I even met one of them. Sent thank you letters immediately upon returning home. Not a peep from any of them about consideration of the issues I was there to discuss (ground water industry)....at least you got a letter assembled by one of their aides. Did Blunt even sign your letter or was it stamped? :ROFLMAO:

At least you got a response, an official form letter no less! I spent 2 days lobbying my rep and senators on behalf of my industry about 15 years ago. I traveled to DC, made appointments and met with their staff(s) in person...I even met one of them. Sent thank you letters immediately upon returning home. Not a peep from any of them about consideration of the issues I was there to discuss (ground water industry)....at least you got a letter assembled by one of their aides. Did Blunt even sign your letter or was it stamped? :ROFLMAO:
It was an email.

I am thinking about responding like this.

Dear Roy,

Would you have voted for this piece of garbage if you were running for re-election?

Sincere regards

Bob

As I mentioned in the thread where the links to contacting senators urging them to vote against the farce that is the bi- partisan whatever act, I mentioned that one of my senators would never vote for it in a million years and the other one was voting for it on his way out the door as he is retiring. I thought you guys might get a kick out of his ridiculous response to my letter.

Dear Bob:

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts on gun violence in our nation and potential legislative solutions. I grieve with all Americans over these heartbreaking tragedies.

In response to mass shootings in recent years, including the recent shootings in Uvalde, Texas and Buffalo, New York, there have been calls for immediate action to address gun violence. It is important we have a serious national discussion about how to prevent these senseless acts and protect the lives of all Americans.

I supported the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act, a landmark legislative effort to expand mental health services, keep weapons out of the hands of violent criminals, and keep our schools safe, while also protecting the constitutional rights inherent to law-abiding Americans under the Second Amendment. It is important to note that the bipartisan proposal does not include any new restrictions for law-abiding gun owners. The solutions put forth under this legislation will transform the behavioral and mental health infrastructure in the United States, promote strong due process rights, while helping to keep our homes, schools, and families safe.

The Bipartisan Safer Communities Act includes an expansion of the Excellence in Mental Health Program that Senator Stabenow and I have led that will provide every state that chooses to participate with funding for Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinics—building on a successful effort that has shown results across the country. Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinics are required to provide a comprehensive set of services including 24/7/365 crisis services; outpatient mental health and substance abuse treatment services; immediate screenings, risk assessments, and diagnoses; and care coordination including partnerships with emergency rooms, law enforcement, and veterans groups. We need to continue working to ensure anyone who has a mental or behavioral health issue can get the treatment they need, when they need it.

I appreciate your insight and advocacy on this important issue. I will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind should Congress consider further related legislation.

Again, thank you for contacting me. I look forward to continuing our conversation on Facebook (www.facebook.com/SenatorBlunt) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/RoyBlunt) about the important issues facing Missouri and the country. I also encourage you to visit my website (blunt.senate.gov) to learn more about where I stand on the issues and sign-up for my e-newsletter.

Sincere regards,

Roy Blunt
United States Senator
That is almost (if not outright exact), the same Email letter I got from Sen. Bob Casey (PA.-D). Sen. Pat Toomey's (PA.-R), Email was more diluted, listing all the other things he also voted on (Covid masking (but not mandated), fiscal conservative bills, and then the enhanced background checks to keep guns from mentally disturbed persons). Congresswoman Susan Wild, sent a agree/disagree survey on support for this bill in her newsletter. Yay or Nay on the money for Mental Health, School security and enhanced background checks. Only in small print below was State money for Red Flag laws mentions. I voted NO on support of this bill she voted Yay for and additionally sent a GOA "Thanks or Spank" to her from GOA's email I got today (funny how her Newsletter Survey and the GOA Email alert came the same day). I'm wondering what Email form letter I'll get from her, as both Senator's responses were from previous GOA "Thank or Spank" and other Pro 2A similar type GOA alerts I received from them.

Those are probably all pre-worded responses, more then likely a intern wrote that and the senators never saw your original emails. They all (Congress) has an agenda on guns, both parties as we found out with the passage of there bill. Wait till they get rid of the filibuster in the senate, and yes I see republicans going along with doing this, we will all lose, no free speech, no religion, no guns, no secure boarders, it’s just the beginning I fear.

Dear Bob:

Sincere regards,

Roy Blunt
United States Senator
I got the same response from sen Portman ohio, good to see Blanket responses I'm withholding what I want to say

Last edited:
And this is from my other senator Josh Hawley.

July 7, 2022
Dear Friend,

Thank you for contacting me regarding the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act that was recently voted on in the Senate. I appreciate the time and effort you took to share your perspective with me on this important issue, and I welcome the opportunity to respond.
As you may know, on June 23, 2022, the Senate voted 65-33 to pass the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act. This legislation, among other things, encourages states to implement red flag laws that could take guns away from people who have committed no crimes, makes changes to the current background check system, and creates a waiting period for some Americans to buy a gun that in some circumstances can last as long as 10 days. This bill largely ignores the national crime wave surging across our country and instead chips away at the rights of law-abiding citizens. That is why I voted against this legislation. I believe a better solution to combat gun violence would be to increase penalties on violent criminals who use guns in criminal acts.
The Second Amendment to the Constitution is clear: the right of the people to keep and bear arms is guaranteed to law-abiding citizens and “shall not be infringed.” I oppose attempts to infringe on our Second Amendment rights. I will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind should federal firearms legislation, or any other related legislation, come up for debate or a vote in the Senate.
As always, I truly appreciate hearing your concerns. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future on other issues important to you and your community. It is a privilege to be your voice in Congress. If you would like to get regular updates on my work in the Senate, please visit my website at www.hawley.senate.gov or follow me on social media at @SenHawleyPress.

Sincerely,

SenJoshHawleySigImage.JPG

Back