testtest

Review: Springfield Armory 1911 Mil-Spec .45

My first "Automatic" that i ever bought was my Springfield Mil-spec M1911 all the way back in '94, I still have it to this day. All though the only things left that is still original to the gun when i bought it is the Slide and Frame, after 10,000+ rounds through it, she still looks good. Barrel, internals, larger original sights and grip panels have all been upgraded over the years. She is my first true semi-auto love affair that continues to this day.

No posts since 2021? Might as well chime in anyway ;-). I'm really enjoying my Mil-Spec, bought this year. I have not experienced the "hammer bite" others talk about, but maybe that's just a function of how I grip the pistol. I am puzzled a bit about the recoil issue, since I find it to be very soft compared to my Glocks in 40 S&W (22, 23, 27). Also very soft compared to my 357 mag revolvers. Let's not talk about the recoil in my S&W Airweight with 38 Special +P; brutal. I enjoy the mil-spec so much I even carry in a IWB holster (Milt Sparks Summer Special II).

No posts since 2021? Might as well chime in anyway ;-). I'm really enjoying my Mil-Spec, bought this year. I have not experienced the "hammer bite" others talk about, but maybe that's just a function of how I grip the pistol. I am puzzled a bit about the recoil issue, since I find it to be very soft compared to my Glocks in 40 S&W (22, 23, 27). Also very soft compared to my 357 mag revolvers. Let's not talk about the recoil in my S&W Airweight with 38 Special +P; brutal. I enjoy the mil-spec so much I even carry in a IWB holster (Milt Sparks Summer Special II).
If you don't have one for your J frame , buy a Pachmayr Diamond pro grip. I have a 642 PC and I know what you mean by brutal. I bought one of these grips and it is a pleasure to shoot now. I liked it so much I bought a second one to put on my model 36.

If you don't have one for your J frame , buy a Pachmayr Diamond pro grip. I have a 642 PC and I know what you mean by brutal. I bought one of these grips and it is a pleasure to shoot now. I liked it so much I bought a second one to put on my model 36.
Good advice. I installed Hogue grips and it is now much more pleasant to shoot. The grips are also long enough to wrap all my fingers around it. It gives up a bit of concealability, but I also can practice more so it's worth it.

On the hammer bite issue, if you weren’t trained/showed how to properly grip a bone stock 1911, yea hammer bite, in my 40+ years of shooting 1911’s, I have never had one incident of hammer bite, just sayin. I love my SA Mil-Spec, good shooter.

I also love my SA Mil-Spec no issues
IMG_0108.jpeg

Back