testtest

revolver issue

Some of the chickens, as they say, are coming home to roost that's for sure. When we're young we think we are invincible. I did some incredibly difficult and dumb things in my youth. Not that I have many regrets, but I can tell you when you get a bit older your body will remind you how stupid you were back when you were invincible. It could be worse and is for a lot of people. For a guy my age I'm in good shape and still regularly outwork men less than half my age. Nevertheless, a small ( by my standards) amount of work around the homestead on my day off yesterday resulted in me waking up with aching elbows, knees, neck and lower back. I'm sure by noon all will be well, then we can start the process all over again for tomorrow. That's the way it goes.
If you saw me shuffle out of bed at 4:30 AM, goaded by my cats who want breakfast and a desire for a cup of coffee, you might think I was a 70 year old man. By the time I get to work at 6 and that cup of coffee is gone I am once again superman. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I get you. My body reminds me every day that I was never the superhero I thought I was in my 20s and 30s. I am in way better shape that most of my younger coworkers. And it's funny that I can bust my butt for 60 hours a week and, sure I'll have the usual monkey on my back. But just drag that damn Shark around our 3 level house and I feel like I was hit by a train. :cool:

I get you. My body reminds me every day that I was never the superhero I thought I was in my 20s and 30s. I am in way better shape that most of my younger coworkers. And it's funny that I can bust my butt for 60 hours a week and, sure I'll have the usual monkey on my back. But just drag that damn Shark around our 3 level house and I feel like I was hit by a train. :cool:
I know right. It's insane. I worked 14 days with one day off and wasn't nearly as sore as I was this morning. All I did yesterday was move some 10' rough cut oak boards from the garage to my woodpile under the shop, welded up some target stands for the range, delivered a table mounted saw to my sister's house and swapped out the argon tank on my welder. None of it was particularly taxing physically.

I know right. It's insane. I worked 14 days with one day off and wasn't nearly as sore as I was this morning. All I did yesterday was move some 10' rough cut oak boards from the garage to my woodpile under the shop, welded up some target stands for the range, delivered a table mounted saw to my sister's house and swapped out the argon tank on my welder. None of it was particularly taxing physically.
Sign of the times, my friend...sigh.

ok, well, the fingerless gloves came, and they fit nicely, but did not work..

i need a cushion in the back of the trigger guard.

i am going to try this padded piece, and if it works, great, cuz i really do not wanna buy a Hogue grip, cuz they are a PITA to install.

View attachment 55068

and here, you can see the glove just does not go behind the trigger guard.

View attachment 55069
Hey, how 'bout trying just wrapping several wraps of medical, adhesive tape around that finger before shooting? You may find you can get enough padding just from that. jj

Damn, just reading that wore me plumb out!!! LOL.

ok, well, the fingerless gloves came, and they fit nicely, but did not work..

i need a cushion in the back of the trigger guard.

i am going to try this padded piece, and if it works, great, cuz i really do not wanna buy a Hogue grip, cuz they are a PITA to install.

View attachment 55068
That's very similar to what I had in mind when I suggested the foam tape. Something of that nature should work for you.

That's very similar to what I had in mind when I suggested the foam tape. Something of that nature should work for you.
i was lucky to find what i had...i used to have window insulation tape, that would have been better.

i just need enough "cushion" to get up high into the grip area, to make it "nearly equal to" a semi automatic grip.

Hey, how 'bout trying just wrapping several wraps of medical, adhesive tape around that finger before shooting? You may find you can get enough padding just from that. jj
YES..!!

i even gave that thought as well...again things in the "i used to have category", i had a roll of "stretch bandage tape", i think green, that would stick to the skin, that would make a good alternative, and keeping a roll in my range bag would be easy.

Your issue reminds me of the Tyler T-Grip adapters for revolvers.
They were very popular in the 70-80s but mostly for non-target grip equipped revolvers.
(S&W also offered a similar grip adapter starting around the 1940s :) )

MOPPOLBRU.jpg

I would second the foam tape, door weather stripping might work?

Like this

Your issue reminds me of the Tyler T-Grip adapters for revolvers.
They were very popular in the 70-80s but mostly for non-target grip equipped revolvers.
(S&W also offered a similar grip adapter starting around the 1940s :) )

MOPPOLBRU.jpg

I would second the foam tape, door weather stripping might work?

Like this
yes...first, i looked up extended grips for revolvers, since i didn't know those were called, till T-Grip, came up, and i had seen those a few times.

after some more searching, i had read many complaints of the slow times to fill the order, then get them.

so they are out for now.

that insulation you linked to, is what i did have, plus even a skinnier one, which i must have used before winter hit us .

for a roll, it's not expensive.

plus, peels off easily enough

YES..!!

i even gave that thought as well...again things in the "i used to have category", i had a roll of "stretch bandage tape", i think green, that would stick to the skin, that would make a good alternative, and keeping a roll in my range bag would be easy.
Well there ya' are ... just goes to show that GREAT minds follow the same track!!!!!! :):p:D:ROFLMAO:;)

Back