testtest

Revolvers in the Coming Pandemic

I bought a Smith&Wesson model 36 in the 70's long before the high capacity firearms now available.
It is still my go to firearm at home.
When things go bump in the night I don't want to have to think is there a round in the chamber, is the safety on or off or anything involved with a semi.
I know some of the young members will think I'm not proficient with a semi if I have to think about those things, on the contrary I am proficient with my MOD-2 compact when I am fully awake.
My model 36 has served me well for forty years.

IMG_20151216_111207357.jpg

It wasn’t until my dad passed away and during cleaning out the basement did I find a handgun in a metal box. His 38 detective special is still in great shape however I don’t shoot it.
View attachment 3282

Why not shoot it? Put a few rounds down the pipe every so often and enjoy , knowing your dad enjoyed shooting it.

It is a nice looking revolver. I have a round butt version in nickle

I would definitely shoot that 36 every now & then.

And I carry revolvers more than pretty much anything else. An 11oz 351PD carries comfortably around the house all day, no matter what I wear...because there are just those days when you ain’t leavin’ the house, and sweatpants are the order of the day.

Honestly—a 3 or 4” S&W Model 10 or 64 .38 is possibly one of the best major-caliber learning handguns out there.

I don't know how many people I’ve taught to shoot handguns shot that as their first center fire caliber, after cutting their teeth on a .22.

I bought a Smith&Wesson model 36 in the 70's long before the high capacity firearms now available.
When things go bump in the night I don't want to have to think is there a round in the chamber, is the safety on or off or anything involved with a semi.
I know some of the young members will think I'm not proficient with a semi if I have to think about those things, on the contrary I am proficient with my MOD-2 compact when I am fully awake.

View attachment 3277
I agree with everything you wrote.

View attachment 3277

My nightstand gun is a S&W 327 TRR8, for the exact same reasons as you gave.

Back