testtest

Road Rules: Vehicle Carry Solutions

I carry the Hell Cat in the Urban Carry G3 Holster when driving my Vehicle and 4 spare 13 round magazines on my belt.I find it comfortable and can draw it with the seatbelt on.

Rec'd the Crossbreed (hook-backed) Pac Mat holster and the adhesive-backed loop portion yesterday, for use in my truck console. Did a dry-run positioning test with pistol in the holster, then affixed the adhesive-backed pad and let it set overnight. Today, took the holster and pistol and placed it on the pad. Works like a charm, with no worries of the holster coming loose. The holster was ord'd specifically for the M&P EZ9, and fits it securely. The one thing I would like would be adjustable tension.

(pics taken from psngr side for better view. 2018 F150)
20200609_175706.jpg
m&pEZ9inCrossbreedPacHolster.jpg

The holster can be removed and carried in a shoulder bag that has pre-installed loop section in a CC pocket. I tested in the 5.11 Rush MOAB 6 bag that I have. Works fine, with just enough room to secure the velcro closure across the top of the CC "pocket".

NOTE: A full-size pistol would probably not work in that particular bag.

Rec'd the Crossbreed (hook-backed) Pac Mat holster and the adhesive-backed loop portion yesterday, for use in my truck console. Did a dry-run positioning test with pistol in the holster, then affixed the adhesive-backed pad and let it set overnight. Today, took the holster and pistol and placed it on the pad. Works like a charm, with no worries of the holster coming loose. The holster was ord'd specifically for the M&P EZ9, and fits it securely. The one thing I would like would be adjustable tension.

View attachment 7102
View attachment 7103

The holster can be removed and carried in a shoulder bag that has pre-installed loop section in a CC pocket. I tested in the 5.11 Rush MOAB 6 bag that I have. Works fine, with just enough room to secure the velcro closure across the top of the CC "pocket".

That's a nice setup!

I was thinking of setting up a mounting point behind the rear seat of my f-150 to carry my mini-14 or an AR for when I'm traveling.

View attachment 7102
View attachment 7103

That CB setup can also be used on a side of the bed frame (with attached velcro pad) or a belly band they sell that has veclo to add holter, mag pouch, etc. I have a similar setup on a band/holster for my Shield 9mm Version 1.

That's a nice setup!

I was thinking of setting up a mounting point behind the rear seat of my f-150 to carry my mini-14 or an AR for when I'm traveling.
Thanks. What makes it successful/workable is the top edge (left/right sides) of the console have no prominent/wide interior lip to interfere with a smooth, insertion into or draw out of the holster. If there were a wide lip in the way I wouldn't have installed it.

Last edited:
That CB setup can also be used on a side of the bed frame (with attached velcro pad) or a belly band they sell that has veclo to add holter, mag pouch, etc. I have a similar setup on a band/holster for my Shield 9mm Version 1.
Looking now for a velcro-backed mag pouch with velcro to carry a spare mag in the console. Crossbreed has one for the Shield 9mm, but not one specifically for the EZ9 mag.

Edit: Did locate some velcro-backed elastic loop mag holders at the Maxpedition site, but would prefer something along the lines of a hard shell mag carrier, which only requires one-handed operation, especially for insertion.

Last edited:
Back