testtest

SA-35 Issues

wolfpack076

Professional
Got my Sa-35 back after having to get the front sight replaced and refinished. 1st trip to range no hiccups. Just went to the range with 500 rounds. 8 failures to eject the spent round casings. Was using SA factory magazines and a mix of UMC and Blazer Brass 115 grain FMJ's. Called Springfield and got another RMA. But here's the real kick so to speak. When they initially had my gun I had called to check on the progress and I advised the customer service rep that since they already have my gun if they could replace any parts causing the extraction issues as of the fact that there are known issues. The rep said she would make note of it on the work order. Fine I thought they would replace it since it was a known issue. I checked the work order that came with my gun upon return from them in the event I overlooked it. Apparently they didn't replace the part. So needless to say I am totally unhappy since they already had my gun once and they were advised that I would like them to replace the known issue and they did not. Hopefully they replace and fix this issue.

Ok my sa35 had extraction issues (serial# low 4000) every 2nd mag on 3rd or 4th round... FTE so I replaced the extractor and spring,clylinder and slide plus heavy duty spring, plus the sear lever (from bhspring solutions with the spring assist sear). Now I've tested it and 300 rds later no issues. So right now I'm a happy camper. She's a keeper. I did purchase a complete setup for my other but it's had no issues yet

Last edited:
My serial number is in the high 5000's. My first range trip when she came back was great and now today the extraction issue is just that a major issue. I understand it manmade and anything can fail but what really have me upset is the fact that they already had the weapon and I specifically asked them to replace and look at the parts that are known issues and apparently they did not. I have a Wilson CQB which costs significantly more than an Sa-35. The Wilson had an issue. I sent it back they not only fixed it but did an overhaul and inspected everything from top to bottom. I had that gun back in 5 days plus a complete breakdown of everything they did plus some free extras as a token of appreciation for being a customer.

Back