testtest

Saint Victor Ambi switch.

Recently acquired a Saint Victor, I noticed the ambi selector switch moves from safe to fire at 45 degrees , but the manual shows it in a 90 degree position? And I’m used to 90 position on all my other ARs. Functionally it fires in that position. Any one else encounter this? Is this as designed or it needs adjustment?

Recently acquired a Saint Victor, I noticed the ambi selector switch moves from safe to fire at 45 degrees , but the manual shows it in a 90 degree position? And I’m used to 90 position on all my other ARs. Functionally it fires in that position. Any one else encounter this? Is this as designed or it needs adjustment?
Mine Victor rolls to 90 degrees.
Have you function tested it yet with firing rounds at a range ?

May be a non issue

"Functionally it fires in that position." In which position? If it fires in the 'safe' position you've got a problem

No it fires at 45
Does the positions on the lower match safety position? If not, most are swapable as in remove the safety and swap ends with the inners (not the selectors/levers). Many aftermarket safeties come with 45 and 90* positions as the detents only work on 1 side. The detents on the selector (not the levers) have 2 working sides for different degrees of function. The 60* selectors might be swapable with 90*? Probably not a 60 and 45* selector paired. Maybe a picture of the marking on the lower could help?

See pictures it doesn’t rotate to 90 position, you can only place in safe position when hammer is cocked. I believe this is a GI trigger system.
IMG_8216.jpeg
IMG_8215.jpeg

It appears that SA installed a perfectly fine 45 degree safety selector, which are the most recent type of selector other than the traditional 90, subsequent 60 & the past few years 45's.

There's nothing wrong with it.

With some custom version the majority of lowers are still marked with the traditional 90 degree marking.

If it operates the way it should it's not a problem.

Back