testtest

Serial number break down

If the firearm's maker doesn't have it, you can search the internet with the make and serial number for the production date. There are several forums out there (especially for 1911's), that discuss the same topic. One pointed me to some person that broke down the ranges of serial numbers and told it's production date (I forget which firearm it was for, could have been a rifle). Some go by stamps and other markings as well.

I got the date for dad's old Colt off a Colt blog site. Do a simple search for "<manufacturer> production dates" and you should get countless hits.
I actually called Colt customer service and got the production date for the used Anaconda that I had recently purchased and the guy was able to give me the information (which also included how I could do this myself on their serial Number look up site).
Just to show, there are many options out there.

For a few pieces of currency Colt will also send you a letter on your firearm. Through the Colt website, on Colt firearms you can type in your serial number and 98% of the time you will get an answer, with a better chance on older guns.

Back