testtest

Shield Smsc on hellcat

Grump

Operator
After much looking,reading, listening about red dots for the Hellcat, I decided on going with the Shield Smsc. Called Springfield and ordered one. It came quickly, no tax no shipping. After a call back to Springfield re: mounting, I installed it and it fits like a glove. Small and compact. I have one of those laser bullets and lite up targets, it was pretty much on. 6-8 clicks wind and elev and right on at 10 yds. Haven’t shot it yet, probably this Thursday at range. It comes with a 1 deg shim for other pistols. Not used on Hellcat. I’ll write again after I Shoot few hundred rnds to see how it holds up.

Attachments

• IMG_20200331_112545425.jpg
    IMG_20200331_112545425.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 667
After much looking,reading, listening about red dots for the Hellcat, I decided on going with the Shield Smsc. Called Springfield and ordered one. It came quickly, no tax no shipping. After a call back to Springfield re: mounting, I installed it and it fits like a glove. Small and compact. I have one of those laser bullets and lite up targets, it was pretty much on. 6-8 clicks wind and elev and right on at 10 yds. Haven’t shot it yet, probably this Thursday at range. It comes with a 1 deg shim for other pistols. Not used on Hellcat. I’ll write again after I Shoot few hundred rnds to see how it holds up.
If you don’t mind, what was your mounting question and answer. Could be useful for others.

Apparently on some pistols the sight runs out of up adjustment, as I see it the thick part of shim at the rear forces the muzzle up, negating the need for so much up trim.
This sight was almost smack on after install. I zeroed it on lazer target with half doz clicks left and up.
Co witness is excellent. I really wanted to have 100% use of those great iron sights.
We will see how it is after a few hundred rnds. Ill let ya'all know.

Back