testtest

Shocking

me as well, over 40 years as a trucker, been nearly everywhere in the USA and up in Canada.

learnt from the ground up, with only a HS edumacashun.

before that an auto-mechanic/manager, of a crew of 6 people.

dealt with customers, time frames, ETA's, parts, labor, inventory costs, made appointments, delivered early ALL the times, and even arranged extra drop off's before the due dates. (both careers)

didn't matter the career it was, i did it all from the ground up. learnt form some of the best, and learnt on my own feet.

went to apply for a dispatchers job, LOOOONG before i retired, and was asked..

Q: "do you have a college degree"?
A: "no, i got more experience from the ground up"

"we cannot hire you, we only hire college people for dispatching"

me:...."how da hell does a college moron know how to deal with truckers, customers, times, places better than a REAL trucker would"..??

them:...."we only hire college people"

that standard answer was from some of the largest LTL/TL trucking companies

Yellow, R+L, Estes, Old Dominion, Overnite, New Penn...and even smaller outfits in New England..

college morons that don't even know what a truck is, or how to deal with REAL truckers

funny too in a way....some of those companies..??

are out of business..!!!!!
Was a Rcvg mgr for few yrs b4 they ‘downsized’ the branch I ran, so when you listed those trucking companies, I thought “nearly every one went belly up ages ago !!” & then I read last line - you nailed it !
You can have more degrees than Fahrenheit & Celsius combined & still be a dumbass !!

Was a Rcvg mgr for few yrs b4 they ‘downsized’ the branch I ran, so when you listed those trucking companies, I thought “nearly every one went belly up ages ago !!” & then I read last line - you nailed it !
You can have more degrees than Fahrenheit & Celsius combined & still be a dumbass !!
My beautiful wife has 3 degrees and is a CPA and financial advisor. I make more money than her at a job that only requires HS diploma or equivalent. She is way smarter than me though. I think she just doesn't want me to feel inadequate. ;):ROFLMAO:

Well, maybe I did say exactly that. The second sentence was meant to explain the first though. And it did so adequately.
I’m still impressed with your proper use & spelling of ‘excoriating’
My beautiful wife has 3 degrees and is a CPA and financial advisor. I make more money than her at a job that only requires HS diploma or equivalent. She is way smarter than me though. I think she just doesn't want me to feel inadequate. ;):ROFLMAO:
Always good to marry up, eh?!? Still not sure what mine thinks I brought to the table !!

Back