testtest

SHOOTING STANCE DOESN’T MATTER

The instructor makes a good point. I’ve had to shoot in all kinds of positions, kneeling, ducking, duckwalking, laying on my back, pistol between knees, cat walk backwards cross body.. of course those were all shooting techniques I learned or had to do in the Army. However, the point is practicing at the range from a standard triangle, or weaver stance works but doesn’t work all the time. What I’ve learned is rapid target acquisition, and accurate grip/site alignment (that is when you draw out, are you dead center or slightly left/right).

I've been instructing Correctional officers in NC since 2014. This is something that should be taught but isn't. Not all of our officers are in the best of shape and if they were ever in a situation where they were knocked down and had to get into a shooting position, they would be in trouble. I think it would be a matter of repetition from multiple positions and developing muscle memory. And this does not need to be done with a live firearm. A blue gun would be necessary in a training environment with others. By yourself, a firearm you have unloaded, cleared and inspected would be fine. This is definitely something I will talk about the next time I teach CCH.

Back