testtest

Shot In The DarK?

BobM

Hellcat
A brief interesting article about the ups and downs of a sniper.
Some statements in comments section are "enlightening" as well;

I bet the conversation earlier had a part in it. Like laying still and even in your own ****, waiting for the shot.
It is to bad and the things people remember from war are not good. Add booze and they tend to come out sideways. It is not an excuse, but if people can jump from buildings when the stock market crashes, I think it is understandable how things like this happen. He maybe should not have been a police officer and sometimes that transition from military to peace officer is a hard one to make, One look at the news and the way the police are being treated and threatened all the time says that it is not an easy job anyway.

Basically a story about a disgusting act and reprehensible behavior and a blaring reason why some people shouldn’t drink.
Would not give him an out with the alcohol.

Ex military rarely make a fine LEO, or politician.

Will never happen but the education, standards and (correct) training of law enforcement should be much higher, approaching that of the FBI; college degree, psychological evaluations and so on. Break the ethical and moral standards and you're out. Raise the bar, produce real professionals, then pay them what the job is worth (like starting/minimum 50K year), you get what you are willing to pay for. Todays image of PoPo is a product of low standards, Supervisors & Chiefs that have to put up with goons to fill the rosters.

Written laws are like spiders' webs,
and will like them only entangle and hold the poor and weak,
while the rich and powerful will easily break through them.

Anacharsis to Solon

Will never happen but the education, standards and (correct) training of law enforcement should be much higher, approaching that of the FBI; college degree, psychological evaluations and so on. Break the ethical and moral standards and you're out. Raise the bar, produce real professionals, then pay them what the job is worth (like starting/minimum 50K year), you get what you are willing to pay for. Todays image of PoPo is a product of low standards, Supervisors & Chiefs that have to put up with goons to fill the rosters.

Anacharsis to Solon
In my state ex military have preference when applying to be a police officer. I have to admit sometimes they can be a little to......... bold. But those instances are few and far between. Most grew up here and to be honest, when it comes right down to it, I want the baddest mf's protecting me and my property. In my neck of the woods, the officers are extremely cool. IDK if they have had extra classes or what but there is a certain way they are that just makes them chill. I have known the police and sheriffs departments every where I have lived. Some good meetings some not so much and I have to say the sheriffs department here is far and away the best I have ever seen. The small town cops can be and often are green and gung ho and that sometimes rubs the citizens the wrong way, but otherwise, out of the dozen or more places I have lived and gotten to know the local officers, this area is hands down the best I have ever seen. Travel 50 miles away and again the small town pd is not ran very well.

Anacharsis to Solon
Ex military make Fine Law Enforcement officers. One thing the military drills into you is teamwork. There are 10’s of thousands of ex military police officers that are excellent cops both morally and physically. Saying the person is ex military and wont make a good cop is like saying all certain ethnic races end up in prison.

i think you statement is horrible and shows the climate of how the police are being mistreated

Ex military make Fine Law Enforcement officers. One thing the military drills into you is teamwork. There are 10’s of thousands of ex military police officers that are excellent cops both morally and physically. Saying the person is ex military and wont make a good cop is like saying all certain ethnic races end up in prison.

i think you statement is horrible and shows the climate of how the police are being mistreated
Killer: I said rarely. If you believe it is not a good idea to raise the bar in law enforcement that's fine with me, I still believe it is a good idea and would be beneficial to any community.

Some ex military people have known make great cops, while some gung ho others, not so much. Rationale, education, legalities and training can often vary between military and civilian life. Transferring from one to the other can present issues? The reasoning, effects shown in the article can be vast and can be many reasons for why as well? Drinking away haunting memories? Mr. Cool guy attitude? Just guys goofing off and one got sore? Me, am not sure, could be all, none or one?

Anacharsis to Solon
Intelligence and standards should be higher for police if intending and proposing leadership by example for any leadership role. If not, just armed paid thugs on the payroll?

Likely get blasted for this one, but? Fully auto and military weapons and other military armament in regular police hands is debatable and very likely not necessary in my opinion. For one, is why there's National Guard and for two, regular troops?

Likely get blasted for this one, but? Fully auto and military weapons and other military armament in regular police hands is debatable and very likely not necessary in my opinion. For one, is why there's National Guard and for two, regular troops?
Harks back to my previous post that "we the people" have the authority and responsibility to approve or not of the arms and munitions/tactics of all government institutions including LE & Military and Government has no authority to regulate what a private citizen owns.

There should be a clear distinction between LE and military agencies. Used to be a police officer was identified by his uniform/equipment as well as Military. Now they all appear as military, both in uniforms and equipment (and authority?)
The formation of SWAT teams for civilian applications are problematic, often deployed unnecessarily. A municipal/neighborhood police unit should have clear parameters/limits and when those limits are met, time to hand authority to (perhaps) the local Guard unit, then on up to the FBI and so on. Complete LE (and prison) reform is long overdue. Prisons for profit does not advance Justice.

Back