testtest

Shot themselves while cleaning

He's very lucky he didn't have permanent damage to his hand. I have an acquaintance that shot his index finger off when cleaning his gun. He lives in a major metro area and the story he tells of how the police and hospital reacted and treated him is hilarious, at least the way he tells it. Losing a finger isn't funny.

I saw that earlier, really did a number on his hand. Another reason not to rush and avoid distractions when dealing with guns. I give him credit for posting, I won't be doing anything by the TV light after this that's for sure.

I read his post shortly after he posted it and thought "what a dummy" -- and after thinking it over and seeing the photos, I admire him for having the guts to admit he screwed up.

Takes a real man to (A) apologize and (B) admit he was wrong and (C) to show the world how NOT to do it.

My buddy has a friend who is a detective here in my county. About a year ago he shot himself in the leg with his Glock while "Practicing" his draw.
"Glock Leg". A pretty common occurrence when departments were transitioning from revolvers in the 80's and 90's. Many departments wanted nothing to do with Glock back in the day because of it. It's a training issue plus the early Glock triggers were far too light.

I saw this posted as well. I do commend and appreciate him posting it. Partly because it’s a good reminder for the rest of the community to always be diligent and free of distractions when working on guns even for a routine cleaning. This does happen unfortunately.

The nonchalance of the doctors regarding nerve damage is troubling. Nerves have to be repaired immediately to salvage any semblance of normal (if they can even be repaired)...and they made him wait a week. That pic of the fresh wound is disturbing. So many mistakes made in a row...very sad.

Back