testtest

Showdown: Springfield Armory Hellcat vs. Sig Sauer P365

The Baldr laser is near-invisible in daylight compared to my Viridian R5. Seriously. But I DO like the tac-light, that thing is like daylight!

I've thought about getting another R5 and spending some time with my Dremel tool to get it to fit the contours of the Hellcat trigger guard. It's THAT much brighter - but they don't make one for the Hellcat. Yet. I hope they have it in development, I'd buy in a heartbeat. The main thing holding me back on Dremeling one is...they aren't cheap. And, I'm REALLY starting to love the rechargeable battery on the Baldr, compared to a hard-battery on the R5. Although the R5 has a 5 minute auto-shutoff so it won't go stone-dead in the holster...

I just need to find a good deal on one, so I can start re-shaping it.

The Baldr laser is near-invisible in daylight compared to my Viridian R5. Seriously. But I DO like the tac-light, that thing is like daylight!

I've thought about getting another R5 and spending some time with my Dremel tool to get it to fit the contours of the Hellcat trigger guard. It's THAT much brighter - but they don't make one for the Hellcat. Yet. I hope they have it in development, I'd buy in a heartbeat. The main thing holding me back on Dremeling one is...they aren't cheap. And, I'm REALLY starting to love the rechargeable battery on the Baldr, compared to a hard-battery on the R5. Although the R5 has a 5 minute auto-shutoff so it won't go stone-dead in the holster...

Which Baldr do you have? I’m assuming your referencing the Baldr Mini that Olight just came out with. If so as it has fit some Hellcats it’s not actually designed for it. Viridian R5 is an amazing system and please correct me if I’m wrong but I believe it has an instant on/off feature once holstered (kit needed if holster not bought from Viridian). Sadly tho there isn’t an attachment designed yet for the hellcat (I’ve been keeping my eyes peeled for one). Ether way I may be able to help you out on finding ways to make one of your options work for you.

Kills me that those things are 1/2 the price of the hellcat. I get it, you get what you pay for...

Hi, all good points, but I think you may have misunderstood my equipment reference. My XD-s has a Viridian R5 green laser on it, and my Hellcat has a O-light Baldr-mini green laser with tac light. I do not use red-dot sights because they require me to look through a reticle, much the same as traditional irons require me to line up front and rear sights for a coherent "picture". My lasers...I simply put the dot physically ON the target I desire, and pull the trigger. This can be done from the hip, across the body, from behind cover...whatever. I don't even have to have my pistol in my field of vision, only my intended target. Wherever the dot is (physically) when I pull the trigger...that's where the hole appears.

I do practice with sights, as well as with the lasers, as well as point-shoot (at home - 4 acres, where I've set up a private lane for myself in the woods with an earthen backstop against the mountain). I do need, at some point, to add obstacles and/or accomplices...but I hope all of this is the biggest waste of money and time in my life, and that I never, ever have to put any of this into practice.

But it's still fun to plink! :cool:
What holster are you using for the Hellcat with the Baldr-mini?

Joe

The only reason, and it's a substantial reason, I want nothing attached to a handgun that I might have to use for bipedal self-defense is because I do not want divert my attention from the only intent that matters: returning fire while hightailing it far out of a bad guy's sight picture. I do not want to divide my attention from a bad guy to handgun attachments. I will surrender no tactical advantage to a bad guy who's hellbent on reducing me to evidence of murder and autopsied the following morning.

This strategy works for me. I am a long way from sententious. I know and accept that what works for me might be all wrong for others. Since self-defense is personal preference, everyone ought to do what works best for them.

The only reason, and it's a substantial reason, I want nothing attached to a handgun that I might have to use for bipedal self-defense is because I do not want divert my attention from the only intent that matters: returning fire while hightailing it far out of a bad guy's sight picture. I do not want to divide my attention from a bad guy to handgun attachments. I will surrender no tactical advantage to a bad guy who's hellbent on reducing me to evidence of murder and autopsied the following morning.

This strategy works for me. I am a long way from sententious. I know and accept that what works for me might be all wrong for others. Since self-defense is personal preference, everyone ought to do what works best for them.

Totally get it. After running through all the attachment scenarios and spending more money that I care to admit on all those activities, I realized that a naked hellcat, and pocket guns are better suited for me for EDC. I have 0 reasoning to get my p365xl except my own internal justification that I can put all the spare accessories I have on it with a 15 round mag and call it another home defense firearm...and a toy at the range... so yeah...

Totally get it. After running through all the attachment scenarios and spending more money that I care to admit on all those activities, I realized that a naked hellcat, and pocket guns are better suited for me for EDC. I have 0 reasoning to get my p365xl except my own internal justification that I can put all the spare accessories I have on it with a 15 round mag and call it another home defense firearm...and a toy at the range... so yeah...

Hi Lchtus,

I get it. I've walked in your shoes many, many times. When gun aficionados want a new gun, Old God has ability to vanquish our desires..

I'm more surprised every firearms manufacturer isn't rushing to throw their contender onto the market. I was expecting something like the polymer single stack 9mm hype. Is the Taurus g3c the only competitor to the p365/HC right now?

Back