testtest

Small world. Belt fed gonna be mad.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bassbob
  • Start date Start date
B

Bassbob

Guest
So I’m doing a service replacement today and about a half hour ago the customer came home. I introduced myself and showed him what we were doing and explained why my tractor is on his lawn etc. So we get to BS’ing a bit. I know some of you may remember one of the stories I tell here often about a cop who owes his life to a Hi-Point. This was shortly after the Mike Brown/ Ferguson riots. He was at a Quick Trip a block away from the yard I was working out of at the time in Berkeley, which is north STL county, not far from Ferguson. Some punk got the drop on him but his Hi Point jammed and the cop shot and killed him. Which caused another mini riot. Well I’m telling this guy that story and he stops me and says “ That was me and it’s not the first time my *** was saved because of crappy firearms”. The guy is still a cop but he’s in a much better department in a much better municipality now.

After telling that story many times over the years as an example of the merits of Hi Point handguns, I end up working at the guys house. Small world.
 
I thanked the man for his service and he was like, “ No man, It’s not like I’m a combat vet”. I told him that’s BS, you are. And you choose to serve your community and I know it’s not for the money. I think it made him feel good. Appreciated.
 
Hi,

So I’m doing a service replacement today and about a half hour ago the customer came home. I introduced myself and showed him what we were doing and explained why my tractor is on his lawn etc. So we get to BS’ing a bit. I know some of you may remember one of the stories I tell here often about a cop who owes his life to a Hi-Point. This was shortly after the Mike Brown/ Ferguson riots. He was at a Quick Trip a block away from the yard I was working out of at the time in Berkeley, which is north STL county, not far from Ferguson. Some punk got the drop on him but his Hi Point jammed and the cop shot and killed him. Which caused another mini riot. Well I’m telling this guy that story and he stops me and says “ That was me and it’s not the first time my *** was saved because of crappy firearms”. The guy is still a cop but he’s in a much better department in a much better municipality now.

After telling that story many times over the years as an example of the merits of Hi Point handguns, I end up working at the guys house. Small world.


Wow, indeed, small world. I'll never carry a Hi-Point. I might own one as a range toy, just for grins and giggles. :LOL:

Thanks for sharing this, and for showing your respect to this officer.


Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
 
I finished his job this morning. While I was there with a tractor a buried a couple drain tiles, complete with pop ups for him. He brought out coffee and snacks for us.. Totally cool interaction. He gave me his card and wrote his personal number on it, in case I ever found myself in need of a Corporal in the police dept. ;):)
 
Back
Top