testtest

SnapSafe Modular Series: The Ultimate Gun Safe?

i'd pay for installation IF it were a gas appliance...and needed it to be hooked up, including a new flex line. but for anything electric..??

damn bastoidavitches had better bring it into my house.

we only bought a fridge from Lowes a few years ago, no issues with taking it into the house.

but frankly, i'd rather pay a tiny bit more, and buy from a REAL appliance store, as many times, they have service/repairmen.

if you take notice, those home improvement stores no longer have thier own drivers...they went to a logistics company, i think Home Depot went with Cardinal, and Lowes went with XPO.....(each a BIG trucking company)

this is why now, we have to specify "install" with delivery.......
That is absolutely right. We had previously bought many large appliances (Fridge, washing machine, stove, dishwasher) from Lowe's with no issues. Every time, they brought it in and set it up, made sure it was working. Home Depot had a deal going around the holidays and we thought we'd give them a shot. Never again.

We bought it online and subsequently found out that when you buy online it's from Home Depot dot com - who do contract out to a company to deliver. And when they say deliver, they mean deliver - and that's all! Even if they had been able to get it into the house (which they could've if they took the doors off like I ended up doing) the driver told me they would NOT set it up, i.e., would not strip all the plastic off, hook up the water line, etc.

To be fair, the local store offered to take it back and give us a refund IF we could get it to the store. I appreciated the manager being willing to work with me (which is the only reason we'll still get hardware, etc. there) but it would've been as much or more trouble to wrestle that pig into a pickup truck and get it there (with no damage) than it was to just bite the bullet and get it into the house and hook it up myself.

End of rant! 😂

I go to HD only for electrical stuff. Breakers, Romex, boxes, etc.. Because Lowes electrical dept. is terrible. I pretty much go to Lowes for everything else. In fact they both are terrible, Lowes is just less terrible.

I spent about 8 grand at Lowes when I had to rebuild my house. I got 5% off everything I bought ( still do) and at the end I was left with $1000 store credit.

I may be a little biased too. After my first wife divorced me my credit was trashed. When I was about 3 years into my current job, which pays extremely well, I was turned down by HD for a credit card. They would however give my (current) wife one. She had no job and frankly a ridiculous work history, but somehow had decent credit.

My sister loves HD. I get her gift cards for all the holidays. I hope all the HDs burn to the ground. :)

We recently bought a big fridge from Home Depot. They delivered it... and unboxed it on our back porch, then left. When I called to complain the lady said it was my fault - I didn't pay for installation. Other than hardware, the Depot won't be getting any of our business from here on out.
ouch

our gestapo compliance doofus in the neighborhood would have cited you in a minute for appliances outside :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Exhibit A why we don't live in HOA neighborhoods! We don't need the stress of the jackboots coming around measuring hedge heights, etc. That's not America. 🇺🇸
When we moved here we had less than 200 residents, now we are a smidge over 1000, it was awesome.

i was a director twice on board of directors for the association...we took it from the developer.. now after 12 years of being off the board we are infected with complete MORONS on the board.

My mission is to harass them into oblivion at meetings and with simple court filings on how they cant follow simple state law. I enjoy using the law at meetings to shut them down, one would think they would actually read the state law and follow it, vice trying to make up stuff or use other states laws...yes they love CA. because google always pulls ca laws first on HOA stuff.
they are not smart enough to use texas.gov official site.
i get more done as a harasser than i could ever do as a director, directors singularly have no authority , so they cant make change without a quorum and official meeting.

so we hit them at meetings and force them to take a vote because me and few others stand firm and stop the meeting until our legal demands are answered ( you know verbatim state law they are violating, once you read that into the meeting chapter and line). once you get them flustered, its a complete compliance to get us to stop asking the same questions.

its complicated but the by laws and deed restrictions are null and void because they allowed an ANYTHING goes on what is considered a domicile . plus allowed the developer to step back in and make demands.. oh boy that got some people fired/resigned

The no appliances comes from an old state law that refers and freezers that are NOT able to be opened from inside are not allowed to be in places that children could be trapped... you know residential stuff from the 50s . :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

When we moved here we had less than 200 residents, now we are a smidge over 1000, it was awesome.

i was a director twice on board of directors for the association...we took it from the developer.. now after 12 years of being off the board we are infected with complete MORONS on the board.

My mission is to harass them into oblivion at meetings and with simple court filings on how they cant follow simple state law. I enjoy using the law at meetings to shut them down, one would think they would actually read the state law and follow it, vice trying to make up stuff or use other states laws...yes they love CA. because google always pulls ca laws first on HOA stuff.
they are not smart enough to use texas.gov official site.
i get more done as a harasser than i could ever do as a director, directors singularly have no authority , so they cant make change without a quorum and official meeting.

so we hit them at meetings and force them to take a vote because me and few others stand firm and stop the meeting until our legal demands are answered ( you know verbatim state law they are violating, once you read that into the meeting chapter and line). once you get them flustered, its a complete compliance to get us to stop asking the same questions.

its complicated but the by laws and deed restrictions are null and void because they allowed an ANYTHING goes on what is considered a domicile . plus allowed the developer to step back in and make demands.. oh boy that got some people fired/resigned

The no appliances comes from an old state law that refers and freezers that are NOT able to be opened from inside are not allowed to be in places that children could be trapped... you know residential stuff from the 50s . :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Now, those would be fun meetings to attend!

Back