testtest

Sniper Rifle

Recusant

Hellcat
This is a new sniper rifle purchased by my son's department. He and another officer put a 100 rounds thur it last week to break it in and determine which brand of ammo gives the best accuracy . It's a Remington S P model with a tactical stock and one of the Leupold long range scopes on it. Plus it is suppressed. The group on the target was shot at 100 yards.
1698176728779.png

1698177754200.png

What ammo did you decide on? Did you check out Hornaday TAP? They used to call it Varmint ammo, but police & SWAT were using it. It looked real bad in court when defense attorneys brought up the fact it was made for Varmint hunters.so Hornaday changed the name to TAP, tactical application police ammo.

Is that a 700? I love those... That is a great grouping, hopefully they zero'd up or that poor hostage is toast!
Yes, it is a Model 700 SPS .308 Tactical rifle. They are trying to get it broken in and decide ammo it shoots the best.
What ammo did you decide on? Did you check out Hornaday TAP? They used to call it Varmint ammo, but police & SWAT were using it. It looked real bad in court when defense attorneys brought up the fact it was made for Varmint hunters.so Hornaday changed the name to TAP, tactical application police ammo.
I think that group was shot with Federal. Unfortantly Dad doesn't get to go to the range when they shoot because it's offical business, but I think they are afraid I'll do better with it than they do. 😉

Back