testtest

So what can we do about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

southtex

Professional
Founding Member
An over abundance of time is spent worrying about party affiliation but as gun owners who enjoy possessing, protecting and shooting how do we unite all gun owners. I don't think as gun owners it can be about affiliation but belief in a gun ownership. All of the $$$$ and the &&&& is where it can get off the rails.

Last edited:
The first step is showing the capacity for reasonable discussion. Not shouting at each other. This forum is really good at that. I've had some great chats with people on here without personal attacks or other such nonsense. It makes it so much easier to get rid of demonizing guns and the people who like them when we talk with each other like humans.

Sure would help if the Forum would allow members to show support of the people we WANT to go to Washington and the state Governments.
Equally we show non-support for the ones we don't.

Education is huge as well.

Close friend of mine was terrified of my XDs. Trusted ME, didn't have a problem with ME...but the piece of metal and polymer scared the hell out of her. She has a more liberal bent than I do, but I'd probably class her as a "moderate" in that she believes in law, believes in the flag, believes in our Nation, and actively parents her kids. But, she bought into the whole MSM "guns are bad, mmmkaay" mentality as well as the overall "conservatives are racists" bull. I remind her on many occasions that she knows ME, and I'm a conservative...as are all of my/our friends...and none of us have a racist cell in our bodies...but she still clings to the mass-media hype because it's ..I don't know...safe for her? Inclusive? Comfortable? A known quantity? Hell, it's EVERYWHERE these days, especially 90 min from DC where we live.

Found out she enrolled herself in the Maryland HQL class, and started going to the range on her own. Now that she knows how to run a gun, how to load it, how to safe it (I'd already showed her how to verify empty on mine, in case I was incapacitated for some reason), and how to fire it (annoyingly well, actually...). Now, she drags ME to the range to shoot! She likes all the guys at the range, likes all the people she's met at the range, loves the support, camaraderie, manners...

Maybe I'll drag her to a rally, if our President ever holds one here in Maryland. So she can MEET some conservatives, and realize first-hand how wrong the narrative is. On so many things.

Like the guns that she now enjoys operating, and shooting.

Sure would help if the Forum would allow members to show support of the people we WANT to go to Washington and the state Governments.
Equally we show non-support for the ones we don't.
I see your point, I can also see the attraction to just discussing ideas and not promoting a person. I think once we start talking about candidates people start drawing lines and it can get heated. I can see Springfield's interest in keeping it to just discussing ideas.

Close friend of mine was terrified of my XDs. Trusted ME, didn't have a problem with ME...but the piece of metal and polymer scared the hell out of her. She has a more liberal bent than I do, but I'd probably class her as a "moderate" in that she believes in law, believes in the flag, believes in our Nation, and actively parents her kids. But, she bought into the whole MSM "guns are bad, mmmkaay" mentality as well as the overall "conservatives are racists" bull. I remind her on many occasions that she knows ME, and I'm a conservative...as are all of my/our friends...and none of us have a racist cell in our bodies...but she still clings to the mass-media hype because it's ..I don't know...safe for her? Inclusive? Comfortable? A known quantity? Hell, it's EVERYWHERE these days, especially 90 min from DC where we live.

Found out she enrolled herself in the Maryland HQL class, and started going to the range on her own. Now that she knows how to run a gun, how to load it, how to safe it (I'd already showed her how to verify empty on mine, in case I was incapacitated for some reason), and how to fire it (annoyingly well, actually...). Now, she drags ME to the range to shoot! She likes all the guys at the range, likes all the people she's met at the range, loves the support, camaraderie, manners...

Maybe I'll drag her to a rally, if our President ever holds one here in Maryland. So she can MEET some conservatives, and realize first-hand how wrong the narrative is. On so many things.

This is so true of many people after they are introduced to shooting. After a few trips they start to enjoy the outdoors and the individual challenges of shooting. Once the fear hurdle is cleared a new shooter is usually born.

I see your point, I can also see the attraction to just discussing ideas and not promoting a person. I think once we start talking about candidates people start drawing lines and it can get heated. I can see Springfield's interest in keeping it to just discussing ideas.

Sounds just like the mass media. Don't allow all the candidates to be shown for who they really are.
Let's not have somebody in SC supporting a candidate that is in IL.

That's fine. I'll stick to discussing the guns/rights that we are slowly losing state by state by state as they turn
Blue.

The first step is showing the capacity for reasonable discussion. Not shouting at each other. This forum is really good at that. I've had some great chats with people on here without personal attacks or other such nonsense. It makes it so much easier to get rid of demonizing guns and the people who like them when we talk with each other like humans.

As long as free discussion, comments and threads are allowed. But when threads are removed that are not flaming/obscene then that is censorship.
When a forum is started to support the discussion of firearms it has to be understood that there will be all kinds of conversation if there are some trying to take them away.

I for one am disappointed in SA because of that.

Sounds just like the mass media. Don't allow all the candidates to be shown for who they really are.
Let's not have somebody in SC supporting a candidate that is in IL.

That's fine. I'll stick to discussing the guns/rights that we are slowly losing state by state by state as they turn
Blue.

This is so true. I think we get so involved with the national rhetoric on guns that we lose sight on what is happening in our state. I also believe it is at the state level where we control our rights and where we should be actively voting for candidates that support gun ownership. When all states get in sync it would seem the federal system would have to follow.

This is so true. I think we get so involved with the national rhetoric on guns that we lose sight on what is happening in our state. I also believe it is at the state level where we control our rights and where we should be actively voting for candidates that support gun ownership. When all states get in sync it would seem the federal system would have to follow.
I do vote for proper candidates in Illinois but I live in the South end of the state and we have one county on the NorthEast corner that pretty much cancels all the good votes. :(

As long as free discussion, comments and threads are allowed. But when threads are removed that are not flaming/obscene then that is censorship.
When a forum is started to support the discussion of firearms it has to be understood that there will be all kinds of conversation if there are some trying to take them away.

I for one am disappointed in SA because of that.
I for one, wasn't even aware that has/is happening. Thanks for pointing it out Sarge. (I gave a like to your previous post, thinking that might be what you were saying). I also agree about using names if that person is on record on a certain policy being discussed. I consider that as part of having a factual discussion on the issues at hand.

Last edited:
"I also agree about using names if that person is on record on a certain policy being discussed. I consider that as part of having a factual discussion on the issues at hand."

👍

Good example peglegjoe. There's nothing wrong that a person is anti gun, as that is also their right. Where it goes wrong is when that person tries to interfere with us pro gun individuals and revoke our rights. If your friend hadn't had a change of heart, I would have supported her right, told her she needed to support mine (even though she disagreed), and probably gave an example of the use of a gun as being a tool that either could help or hinder depending on the individual wielding it. My example would have involved her children, knowing it would invoke her motherly instincts. I would have laid out a scenario that someone is forcibly abducting her child in front of her. The tools for her use at her disposal, are a phone (to call the police), a broom or shovel, and hammer and a gun. I'd limit her selection to one tool only as time is of the essence and she must act quickly. I'd ask, what tool would you select. If it was any tool other than the gun, I'd still support her right for not choosing the gun, but I'd point out why I'd consider that the right choice if that scenario played out in front of me.
Anyways, sounds like your friend got the right kind of education, and made her choice of her own free will. Good for her and to you as well. (y)

There is a big difference in being anti-gun and not wanting to own a gun.
If I don't chose to own a gun that is my right and my choice.
Being anti-gun is wanting to remove all guns from everyone. That is not their right.
We need the citizens well armed. Not for hunting or time at the range. Not for concealed
or open carry individual defense. Not even for the protection of loved one's and property.
We need well armed citizens for the protection of the Republic. Patriots that will come
forward should the nation become subservient to some tyrant that manages to buy his/her
way in to the leadership of the country.
So, in my eyes you can not be anti-gun and be a patriot. We do need all kinds of patriots.
Those armed and willing to be the tip of the spear and those unarmed willing to prepare
meals and tend to wounds of their fellow patriots. Patriots everyone, armed and unarmed,
doing their part to preserve the Grand Republic called the United States of America. 🇺🇸

An over abundance of time is spent worrying about party affiliation but as gun owners who enjoy possessing, protecting and shooting how do we unite all gun owners. I don't think as gun owners it can be about affiliation but belief in a gun ownership. All of the $$$$ and the &&&& is where it can get off the rails.

Now days we need to be aware of what is coming down the pike at us from all directions. Look at the
silly nightmare the "Squad" has caused.
They are not from my state but their vote in the house sure has caused me grief. I can't vote in their
district but I sure can support their opponent at an election by asking all the folks in my state to make
a small donation to their cause. They win I do too. What works for the House works for the Senate too.
So we all need to get together and aid our fellow American Patriots in each state. Not just our own.

It's way above party affiliation and gun ownership. It's about being a good citizen and protecting our
Constitution.

We are here because of the love of our pro2A beliefs that politicians want too take away! This is about as political as it gets, even though we see mostly 1 side on the negative! State or federal level problems or redefining of firearm parts that we pay money for and not get our money back! Makes me wonder, does the companies get their taxes back? They should! Next would be no beef = bad for you, so no more red meat? I'm not into tofu or grilling vegetables without any red meat too go with it!

There is a big difference in being anti-gun and not wanting to own a gun.
If I don't chose to own a gun that is my right and my choice.
Being anti-gun is wanting to remove all guns from everyone. That is not their right.
We need the citizens well armed. Not for hunting or time at the range. Not for concealed
or open carry individual defense. Not even for the protection of loved one's and property.
We need well armed citizens for the protection of the Republic. Patriots that will come
forward should the nation become subservient to some tyrant that manages to buy his/her
way in to the leadership of the country.
So, in my eyes you can not be anti-gun and be a patriot. We do need all kinds of patriots.
Those armed and willing to be the tip of the spear and those unarmed willing to prepare
meals and tend to wounds of their fellow patriots. Patriots everyone, armed and unarmed,
doing their part to preserve the Grand Republic called the United States of America. 🇺🇸
A persons views can still be anti gun while not proactively advocating the removal of ones 2A rights (in my example, I was referring to someone that didn't like guns, nor wanted to have one). But for someone to come up to me a gun lover, and tell me they don't like guns and I shouldn't have any in their opinion (I have them in my family), I personally don't see anything wrong with that. Now if they tried to do a "Red Flag" move on me, or proactively worked to take away any of my rights, that's another story to which I agree with you. To me, it's akin to a conscientious objector, or deeply religious person, trying to sell me on their view as being the one I should follow (i.e. Guns kill & I won't kill, & neither should you). They have that right to try, and I have the right to do the opposite within our Free Speech society. If either doesn't want to listen, then just walk away, but in my view, that person can be just as patriotic as I. It's my opinion, which it sounds like you disagree which is fine SGTsmRod :). Where we do agree, is what I believe the 2A was put in place for, and that was to protect the people from a tyrannical government that looked to (by the use of) force its will upon its citizenry, much the way the British Crown did to their citizen colonialist.

The days of pro gun democrats and the days of A ratings from the NRA to democrats are just about over. My local representative and her son who took her place are both democrats who had A ratings from the NRA. Missouri's last gubernatorial race featured a republican RTW supporting ex navy SEAL and a pro gun democrat who spent some years as AG. The NRA endorsed the democrat. I voted for all those democrats. They are the only ones unless you count me sandbagging and voting in the democratic primary for Bernie Sanders in 2016 because I thought he would be easier to beat.

The NRA and gunowners haven't changed, the democrats have. I disagreed with a lot of what the old blue dog, rural democrats stood for, but at least I knew they weren't gun grabbers.

The days of pro gun democrats and the days of A ratings from the NRA to democrats are just about over. My local representative and her son who took her place are both democrats who had A ratings from the NRA. Missouri's last gubernatorial race featured a republican RTW supporting ex navy SEAL and a pro gun democrat who spent some years as AG. The NRA endorsed the democrat. I voted for all those democrats. They are the only ones unless you count me sandbagging and voting in the democratic primary for Bernie Sanders in 2016 because I thought he would be easier to beat.

The NRA and gunowners haven't changed, the democrats have. I disagreed with a lot of what the old blue dog, rural democrats stood for, but at least I knew they weren't gun grabbers.
I happen to concur bassbob. In fact Kirsten Gillibrand recently had an A rating from the NRA, proving politicians will do & say anything to get elected in a certain area whose majority of citizens have a certain view. Pro 2A gun lovers in Upstate NY? "I'm pro 2A", running for President and need to fall in line with the DNC, "I didn't understand gun violence and I'm now pro gun control".

Kirsten Gillibrand 'embarrassed' of not understanding 'gun violence' when NRA gave her an A-rating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back