testtest

Southern District of Indiana indictments

From the article above-
"If convicted, each defendant charged faces up to ten years in federal prison."
for dozens of firearms purchases.

I wish the press releases would give the minimum sentence available instead of the MAX, maybe then there would be more support for longer minimum sentences,

Meanwhile, in Minnesota,

Two who plead guilty to the same charges for "dozens of firearms straw purchases" get 4 years and 5 years in prison.
The defendants illegally straw purchased approximately 95 firearms, including approximately 62 firearms in May 2021 alone. To date, 18 of these firearms have been recovered by local and federal law enforcement at various crime scenes or in the possession of persons legally prohibited from possessing firearms.

From the article above-
"If convicted, each defendant charged faces up to ten years in federal prison."
for dozens of firearms purchases.

I wish the press releases would give the minimum sentence available instead of the MAX, maybe then there would be more support for longer minimum sentences,

Meanwhile, in Minnesota,

Two who plead guilty to the same charges for "dozens of firearms straw purchases" get 4 years and 5 years in prison.
The defendants illegally straw purchased approximately 95 firearms, including approximately 62 firearms in May 2021 alone. To date, 18 of these firearms have been recovered by local and federal law enforcement at various crime scenes or in the possession of persons legally prohibited from possessing firearms.

Usually the minimum sentence in the Feds in a gun crime is 5 years (or 60 months as everything is actually in months)

Then there can be other factors that can add time. I’m presuming in this case there will be some enhancements tacked on for “conspiracy “ if any of 2 or more knew each other something a US Attorney will stack on.

Of course there will be a couple if it is a conspiracy that will “cooperate “ with the government aka testify against their former buddy for a reduction in sentence

In a similar high profile case I’m waiting to see if a conspiracy charge is done in the bunch with the Larry Vickers case.

Back