testtest

Spare Mag Carrier

I've going to run my XD-E as my primary EDC off-duty and maybe a BUG. Can anyone provide recommendations on a comfortable spare mag carrier with good retention?

All my EDC mags, single and double stack, ride in Relentless Tactical mag carriers. I use them IWB or OWB and they're extremely comfortable with great retention and a strong steel spring clip. Once on my belt, it's not going anywhere. Durable as well and mine have lasted many years now with no signs of wear and a Lifetime Warranty. They also make a 2 mag model which I use for my Shield 9 1.0. Not cheap, but the best I've ever owned. Here's a link:
https://relentless-tactical.com/col...er-magazine-pouch-with-spring-steel-belt-clip

Last edited:
20240324_085137.jpg

Galco Horizontal Magazine Carrier
20240324_085126.jpg

I carry it just to the Right of my belt buckle. I hardly notice it

Hi,

Like a lot of folks here, I have several mag carriers. I also use a horizontal carrier for EDC. This one is from Concealment Express (now "Rounded"). I like DC clips on all my holsters and such. See: https://www.roundedgear.com/collect...roducts/horizontal-owb-kydex-magazine-holster

AP1GczOJId-uTIOeAOW6bjPzwfULCNAi6RN55avo15bUYL3OcKxFSmUonIQPTe08wFQSVWmaLbtQ7U0u0fbWNMIHhKy0lcoiIBgRVmoeftUky8ac5Tl7hyCYVNjIJ71bg8pPg0aRtRK6vSHlx7w6YjdIj3T7og=w1236-h927-s-no

I wear mine about 9 o'clock, it conceals well under a shirt, and easy to get to. Sorry, this image is flipped because of the mirror. ;)

AP1GczO4pCIfIdtWZ3GBzt36s76Y9TB8n_JOFs4OH-jfCk_B2qmP8YLaxf6NoGNoTcFZbVUV6Kg4ru_fz71qr0H7hhFL3SIfXlpnXkkNIojC3NAb4MvvQ_-4thKq2fIso4dTDRIt_J2EWtpEzc31LF_CB2danA=w863-h927-s-no

I also have a Blade Tech double carrier that I'll wear on the range when we need several magazines to run our drills. See: https://blade-tech.com/products/total-eclipse-double-mag-pouch

AP1GczNOQ9Q140jETY5v0z8GJDZV5J4jrJnAGxWVEHu7IZDg24ceOvJEF5gj9rPOy08GB1kGwDmBin8Mll9pkY4O28yHZEvV3OMaESFn1iuEA1vjstbp-QW2MW-5rMHEhscZ3M3XMvL0uGrHMeepxF71jC2Hng=w1236-h927-s-no

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

I was always taught when carrying my magazine horizontally the magazine should be carried with the cartridges pointing up.

So the cartridges would settle towards the "rear" of the magazine.

It's supposed to minimize the possibility of a misfeed

Hi,

I was always taught when carrying my magazine horizontally the magazine should be carried with the cartridges pointing up.

So the cartridges would settle towards the "rear" of the magazine.

It's supposed to minimize the possibility of a misfeed

Ya know, that sort of makes sense. However, as I grab that magazine my thumb is naturally on the back side which puts my index finger along the front of the mag. This allows me to "index" the mag right into the magwell.

I suppose if I wore it at 11 o'clock I could lay my index finger on top of the magazine as I pulled it from the carrier. Then the cartridges could be pointed up.

I've never had a feed issue related to how I carry my spare mag but you have me thinking. Thanks for your insight.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Back