testtest

Springfield Armory EMP 3 9MM: Magnum Opus of Self-Defense Handguns

BTW terdog, this is the range ammo I use (I get it free): https://www.speer.com/ammunition/handgun/lawman_handgun_cleanfire_training/19-53826.html in my EMP 3. Besides flawless function, it's a breeze to control.

In my opinion based upon actual experience, the "grip issue" is a nonissue.

Hickok didn't seem to have problems shooting the EMP 3 very accurately and rapid firing it.

It purported grip size is the only issue with the EMP 3, then there are zero issues with an EMP 3. It's flawless, accurate, and a breeze to carry, I think it's the best urban self-defense gun on the market with no close second place contenders.

Another BTW, my EMP 3 is right now loaded with range ammo. While I prefer 147 grain Fed HST LE standard pressure ammo, I'm good with 147 grain FMJ range ammo for self-defense.

I’ve wondered about carrying an EMP 4 CC. Is it relatively easy to conceal?
It is. While I am currently riding on the Hellcat train I occasionally carry my 4 CC. I will carry it both OWB/IWB without issue

EMP FDE (2).jpg EMP Carry (2).jpg

BTW terdog, this is the range ammo I use (I get it free): https://www.speer.com/ammunition/handgun/lawman_handgun_cleanfire_training/19-53826.html in my EMP 3. Besides flawless function, it's a breeze to control.

In my opinion based upon actual experience, the "grip issue" is a nonissue.

Hickok didn't seem to have problems shooting the EMP 3 very accurately and rapid firing it.

It purported grip size is the only issue with the EMP 3, then there are zero issues with an EMP 3. It's flawless, accurate, and a breeze to carry, I think it's the best urban self-defense gun on the market with no close second place contenders.

Another BTW, my EMP 3 is right now loaded with range ammo. While I prefer 147 grain Fed HST LE standard pressure ammo, I'm good with 147 grain FMJ range ammo for self-defense.
Rob Leatham was on camera stating that he also carried FMJ for personal defense in his Gen1 XD-S .45 ACP. I do not personally carry FMJ, because I am concerned with overpenetration. I carry Hornady Critical Defense for this reason.

Morning Sir,
I have no issues with the recoil of the .40 cal, I have a S&W SD40VE in that caliber. My current CCW is a first gen S&W Shield in 9mm. I also have a SA 911 in 9mm, but I am having issues with the ambi safety, meaning when I take safety off, the meaty portion of my hand rubs the safety on the right side of gun, not letting the safety to completely disengage most of the time. So I was just going to get something else to start using for my CCW. Looked at the EMP .40, it was just going to be heavy to carry with mag fully loaded, so I picked up a Gen5 G26 in 9mm, still may go back up and purchase the EMP.
I’m down to 2 handguns, both are in my carry rotation XDM Mod2 Sub Compact 40SW and my 1911 45ACP RO. I shoot both very accurately and have no issues with recoil from either one. I find my XDM 40SW conceals very well on me even with the extended mags.

Rob Leatham was on camera stating that he also carried FMJ for personal defense in his Gen1 XD-S .45 ACP. I do not personally carry FMJ, because I am concerned with overpenetration. I carry Hornady Critical Defense for this reason.
A few decades ago, I routinely carried 230 grain W-W White Box ball ammo for self-defense. To this day, I have zero problems carrying ball ammo is my TRP for bipedal self-defense.

I took my college freshman daughter to Southern Utah so she could ride her brand new ATV. She knows I'll always bring a handgun when I take her to remote locations. However, we weren't in bear country, so I brought my Springfield Armory EMP 3 9MM. I brought 6 boxes of factory 124 grain ball ammo for her to shoot. When I showed her my EMP 3, she asked incredulously, "Where's the .45?" She was referring to my TRP .45 ACP that she loves to shoot.

We went over safety rules before I turned her loose. She had that gun wired within a magazine. I watched her shoot it. I paid close attention to her ability to keep its muzzle on target. She had no problem keeping it on target, even when she rapid fired it.

My kid was good with the EMP 3 9MM. But she made it clear to me that when we return in early January, she wants to shoot HER TRP .45 ACP. She loves that handgun.

Handgun shooting should become a college elective course, possibly a required course.

When I had my old Colt Combat Commander, I always carried FMJ, if it worked for our boys in war, it still works now.

This is just one of the reasons I keep a .45 ACP handgun around. I figure if things go South and I run out of JHP , I can still feel confident in stopping bad behavior with FMJ.

I would not feel the same way with FMJ 9MM. 9MM FMJ will go and go and go. Don't get me wrong , if 9MM FMJ was all I had after going through all the .45 ACPs , then yes the 9MM FMJ would be put to use.

I think many American kids have innate instincts to compete. My kids was intent on mastering my EMP 3 and hitting targets. She wanted me to take a few shots at her targets. She proudly announced that she was the better shot. What she didn't know was that I was more proud of her.

Get two teenage boys on a range, and fun shooting will turn into target shooting competition. I'm perfectly fine with shooting competitions among boys as long as safety remains paramount and it motivates kids to safely enjoy shooting sports.

Back