testtest

Springfield Armory SAINT AR-15 pistol

I own a Springfield Armory SAINT AR-15 pistol 5.56. Will I have to register this as a pistol or am I able to trade it in on something with a long barrel? I am not up with all of the government garbage on legal lengths and registrations. Am I able to own this weapon as it is?
Check your local, state and federal laws.
YOU are responsible as a firearms owner to know what affects your rights on firearms in your state.

Here is a link to the ATF ruling.
Which is currently being challenged

I own a Springfield Armory SAINT AR-15 pistol 5.56. Will I have to register this as a pistol or am I able to trade it in on something with a long barrel? I am not up with all of the government garbage on legal lengths and registrations. Am I able to own this weapon as it is?
It will be up to you to comply with whatever relevant state/federal laws that apply.

I seriously doubt any manufacturer that sells braced pistols will take "trade-ins" so it will be up to the owner to convert it/them to a longer barreled configuration.

Will I have to register this as a pistol
If you are going to resister it, might as well do it as an SBR. but make sure you can own one where you live. but if you want to make it legal, just take the brace off and it should be legal. the ATF has changed the rules so many times it's like a need to look daily to see if they have.

I took the brace off and registered mine as an SBR. waiting on the approval so i can put the stocks on.

As previously stated, your jurisdiction may have a local home-rule on firearm/magazine ownership that will differ in other counties of your home state.
So far as of today on the national front, it’s just the arm brace the ATF decided to be illegal everywhere to own/possess/attach.

Funny thing happened when this brace debacle started.
I decided why not just convert the Saint pistol into a Saint rifle, by adding a 16” bbl and suitable stock. I called on SA to find if they can accommodate me with these replacement factory parts to keep the look of an original factory SA rifle design with an oem barrel and the slim free float hand guard.
SA said they do not sell these parts, not even if needed to meet the mandated AFT compliance requirement.
So would the next dilemma be…if altering the SA pistol to a rifle/SBR conversion with aftermarket parts will that void the lifetime warranty?

As previously stated, your jurisdiction may have a local home-rule on firearm/magazine ownership that will differ in other counties of your home state.
So far as of today on the national front, it’s just the arm brace the ATF decided to be illegal everywhere to own/possess/attach.

Funny thing happened when this brace debacle started.
I decided why not just convert the Saint pistol into a Saint rifle, by adding a 16” bbl and suitable stock. I called on SA to find if they can accommodate me with these replacement factory parts to keep the look of an original factory SA rifle design with an oem barrel and the slim free float hand guard.
SA said they do not sell these parts, not even if needed to meet the mandated AFT compliance requirement.
So would the next dilemma be…if altering the SA pistol to a rifle/SBR conversion with aftermarket parts will that void the lifetime warranty?
Almost certainly. That said as far as a warranty I would want one on the upper/ barrel more than anything else since most lower parts are cheap and easy to replace. And if you put another company’s upper on it they wouldn’t warranty it anyway.

Back