testtest

Springfield Armory SOCOM 16 Rifle Round-Up

Love my SOCOM! I do have the voltor rail system installed on it and was looking for solid recommendations on a red dot. I’m like eotech for the durability but am open to suggestions (with a budget in mind 😉)
On my .308 platforms of M1a, Fn fal and others, I prefer a LVPO in 1x4,1x6 or 1x8 over an RDS.
Never know when you may want to reach out and use the .308 ability to go distance and want some magnification.
Close in, keep it a low zoom like 1x or 2x. Need to reach, you at least have ability to switch instantly

On my .308 platforms of M1a, Fn fal and others, I prefer a LVPO in 1x4,1x6 or 1x8 over an RDS.
Never know when you may want to reach out and use the .308 ability to go distance and want some magnification.
Close in, keep it a low zoom like 1x or 2x. Need to reach, you at least have ability to switch instantly
Just figured with the 16 inch barrel I wouldn’t need that far. Is the LVPO have good extended eye relief?

Just figured with the 16 inch barrel I wouldn’t need that far. Is the LVPO have good extended eye relief?
Yes.
I run a 16” barrel SA Saint Victor .308.

You’ll want to shop and find a good one that suits your needs on magnification and eye relief.
3 brands I use that go on affordable sales are:
Leupold
Vortex strike eagle series
Trijicon

Picked up an M1A SOCOM CQB last year. Originally wanted to stay with a scout scope on the forward rail but my rifle decided it didn’t like the setup. Ended up with a traditional scope on the receiver mount. Changed out the factory pistol grip for a Hogue and added a BCM vertical grip. Couldn’t be happier.

I just received my order of a M1A Scout/Squad. Nothing against the Socom, I just didn't have the funds for that rifle. My military service allowed me to get one at the firstline costs, Thank You Springfield. I am now on the hunt for ammo for the weapon so I can practice for the up coming deer season. I am debating on whether to get an optic or stay with irons.

.308 / 7.62x51 is very capable out of a 16.25" barrel, and plenty of practical upgrades are available for it. I have run SOCOM 16 length M14 in all sorts of stocks using irons, variable magnification optics, red dots and holographic sights without magnification. My favorite aiming solutions on all of my M14s are upgraded iron sights, a 2 moa red dot, or a 1 moa holographic dot - magnification is something I don't really care for, but I do have a nice 1.5 - 5 Leupold with a 1 moa fire dot if I need it.

IMG_9049 (2).JPG

The M1A SOCOM 16 CQB does benefit from the addition of a USGI trigger shoe, as do all M14 type rifle using a pistol grip or a stock with a pistol grip angle.

ts.4.JPG

I just received my order of a M1A Scout/Squad. Nothing against the Socom, I just didn't have the funds for that rifle. My military service allowed me to get one at the firstline costs, Thank You Springfield. I am now on the hunt for ammo for the weapon so I can practice for the up coming deer season. I am debating on whether to get an optic or stay with irons.
Ammoseek dot com is a fantastic search engine, if you’re not familiar.
I’ve been super happy w/ both Igman and Saltech 308 147g FMJ for my Socom. I bought Igman just last week, shping incl, @64c per round.

Picked up an M1A SOCOM CQB last year. Originally wanted to stay with a scout scope on the forward rail but my rifle decided it didn’t like the setup. Ended up with a traditional scope on the receiver mount. Changed out the factory pistol grip for a Hogue and added a BCM vertical grip. Couldn’t be happier.
Got pics? Sounds solid! I ended up with a EOtech on it as I found a smoking deal on a SFAR and mounted my ACOG on that

Awesome man! Thanks for your service brother! Crusty Marine over here. Did you go through the exchange or find someone with good discounts?

I was able to purchase it from KYGUNCO. They gave me a really good price, better than I could get locally with a Firstline firearm purchase. I would like to get another firearm, but you are limited to one purchase per year. I will be anticipating 2024.

Back