testtest

Story of the Flying Tigers

Although not in the same vein there was also a Flying Tiger Line, an early airlines group, they were the airline that flew some of us from LAX to Anderson Air force base in Guam in January 1980, I was a 18 YO kid and was on a big honking 747,the photo is not the plane we flew on but pretty much what they looked like at the time. Great read though!!
View attachment 55731
The Flying Tigers Line was started by former members of the Flying Tigers in China and Burma. It was home based out of Los Angeles, California. Their hangers were located on the south side of LA International Airport. They were primarily a freight company, but they also got into the business of flying US military person ell under contract with the US government. Sadly, they went out of business back in the late 1980's if memory serves me right. I used to love going to LAX and watch their planes taking off and landing. One of my childhood friend's father flew for them back in the 1960's.

The Flying Tigers Line was started by former members of the Flying Tigers in China and Burma. It was home based out of Los Angeles, California. Their hangers were located on the south side of LA International Airport. They were primarily a freight company, but they also got into the business of flying US military person ell under contract with the US government. Sadly, they went out of business back in the late 1980's if memory serves me right. I used to love going to LAX and watch their planes taking off and landing. One of my childhood friend's father flew for them back in the 1960's.
Yes! after getting to my duty station in Guam and getting attached to the SAF teams, (Security Augmentation Force) which was a obscure name for a few of marines whose edict was to "keep nuclear weapons out of the hands of unqualified personnel" with a rapid, vigorous, armed response, holy crap what a bunch of cowboys these fellows were! I mistakenly though I was pretty handy with a rifle and they showed this Navy kid how wrong I was. But after a few weeks I was shooting with the rest of them, ANY way, I got to see and fly on many more of the Flying Tiger fleet as the SAF team got to fly around to Philippines and other places I never knew existed. Thanks for posting V. Vet.

Back