testtest

Tactical Shotgunner Pro Tip #2 - "Shoot 1, Load 1"

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
A quick "Pro Tip" on shotgun ammunition management and the principle of "Shoot 1, Load 1 or Load What You Shoot"

Note: If you don't want to use a "hard" side-saddle to carry extra rds on the shotgun reciver, the use of removeable "shotgun cards" allow for the quick replentishing of extra rds on the receiver side.

Last edited:
What is shotgun card?

The shotgun card features "hook" Velcro backing and a pull tab for easy attachment and rapid changing of cards. ... Adhesive loop Velcro (not included) can be applied to your shotgun stock to mount the card to provide a side saddle system that provides quick access to additional 12 gauge ammunition.

The "loop" Velcro backing is placed on a "side plate" (see pic) on the receiver, or simply on to the receiver side itself.

Image result for shotgun cards1643652106809.png

Note: Two (2) shotgun cards fit in, and can be carried in AR15 30 rd mag pouchs for easy storage and quick access.

1643652326466.png
1643652429517.png

Last edited:
Pump and lever guns have been ran like this forever. I read once that big game hunters used this also with thier bolt rifles. One writer said that while doing it culling elephants he encountered a compressed load in a heavy rifle cartridge because the bullet was driven into the case under successive heavy recoil after bring reloaded on top of so many times. A load of bull, maybe, but it sounded interesting lol.

I have velcro on all my defensive shotguns and 8 F tons of Esstac 7 round cards. I don't subscribe to the shoot one, load one philosophy. You should NOT be loading when you should be shooting. If you aren't shooting you should be loading, it's that simple. If you find yourself in a situation where the ammo in your magazine(s) is NOT enough to deal with the threat directly in front of you, you should be looking for cover and planning to shoot your way to it if possible.

39. 20. 31. 14. These are the ammo compliments on ( magazine, chamber, attached cards) my 4 primary defensive shotguns. And to be sure there will be extra 7 rd. cards on my person.

I don't subscribe to the shoot one, load one philosophy. You should NOT be loading when you should be shooting. If you aren't shooting you should be loading, it's that simple. e.
While the title of the vid said.."Shoot one, Load one", the gent in the vid pointed out if you're not shooting your loading.

While the title of the vid said.."Shoot one, Load one", the gent in the vid pointed out if you're not shooting your loading.
I actually have been watching this guy for a few days and I like his videos. The thing he's doing with the side saddle will not work with shot cards, as you know, and i would have liked him to emphasize the part about not screwing around trying to top off your gun if you have an active threat in front of you, but I like his videos.

I actually have been watching this guy for a few days and I like his videos. The thing he's doing with the side saddle will not work with shot cards, as you know, and i would have liked him to emphasize the part about not screwing around trying to top off your gun if you have an active threat in front of you, but I like his videos.
That's why I threw in the alternate option of "cards" at the end of the OP & in the 2nd post.

I've moved away from "hard" side saddles to cards now, so I wanted folks just getting into shotguns an ideas that side saddles are the only way to go.

That's why I threw in the alternate option of "cards" at the end of the OP & in the 2nd post.

I've moved away from "hard" side saddles to cards now, so I wanted folks just getting into shotguns an ideas that side saddles are the only way to go.
I have a 5 rd. saddle on a Phoenix telescoping stock on my 500. I mounted it on the strong hand side. I also have a 7 rd. card on the weak hand side of the receiver. It's not possible to mount a card to the stock so I may as well leave the saddle on there.

Back