testtest

Taylor Arms 1911 Opinions

10mmLife

Staff member
Founding Member
Does anybody here have a Taylor Arms 1911?

Are these good guns for the money?

Are they reliable?

The fit and finish seemed top notch for the price but I have zero experience with the brand.

A salesman at a local store was trying to convince me this was the best choice for the money. See below for the same gun he was trying to sell me for $700.00

Last edited:
I have seen Taylor's and they put out some neat copies of unique firearms.
The particular one you pictured I think is slap a$$ ugly! That said they do
have some that are very nice looking.
I do feel that they are a bit proud of their guns price wise. Be nice if someone
here has some first hand experience with them.
I really like their Howdah pistol.

To be honest, that’s the first I heard of that brand 1911, it’s like out here in Ohio, we have Vances, they advertise Girsan 1911’s, never heard of them either.
Girsan is a Turkish brand that I've heard of before but I've never heard of Vances. The Taylor 1911 is made by Armscor in the Philippines. The finish on the one I held was really nice and the trigger was really good also.

There are 3 Vance locations in central Ohio,

I am familiar with their Cowboy Guns. Very popular with the Cowboy shooter's. I believe they are based in North Carolina.
The 5.5" 357mag "Smoke Wagon" Taylor Tuned is on my personal wish list (the one I make my wife aware of)although it is still there. I can't speak for their 1911 but they have a great reputation for revolvers.

Ok, question, if Armscor makes the Taylor 1911, why not just get a Rock Island Armory 1911, my brother has 2, work and shoot great, plus, depending on the model, little easier on the pocket, plus RIA have a lifetime warranty, just asking?
Apparently Armscor makes special models for a few different companies with specific features that are more of a higher quality so I've read.

Back