testtest

Texas

I spoke with my family in Texas yesterday, and they are stuck at home due to the ice storm and snow storms of this past week. They can't get out of their own driveway, because their house is on a downhill slope and the vehicles can't get any traction due to the ice. It was so cold there that their yard is littered with birds that froze to death due to the cold. They have food and wood for the fireplace, but power is only on for a few hours a day due to rolling blackouts and downed power lines.

Im from maine no stranger to cold winters. Want to reach out to all texans and wish them good luck and hope they all come out of this well. Love maine but god bless texas
Thanks Josey.
texas felt like Aroostook County Maine this week. I think Maine is better prepared. I passed my city’s one and only plow truck yesterday. I Have not seen it out in over a decade I think.
664AD3C6-E8CA-46E6-9858-63A0C7F4E6B4.jpeg

My aunt's trailer (40k mobile home, 150k boat 🤷‍♂️, living her happy life) just north of Dallas has been without power for a solid week now. They had to bail when it got down below 30 inside. They're just not equipped for this type of weather. 4hrs north in my home town of Tulsa things are relatively normal, with the exception of the rolling blackouts. A small fleet of County dump trucks gets outfitted with plows and sand/salt throwers, major roads are clear.

My aunt's trailer (40k mobile home, 150k boat 🤷‍♂️, living her happy life) just north of Dallas has been without power for a solid week now. They had to bail when it got down below 30 inside. They're just not equipped for this type of weather. 4hrs north in my home town of Tulsa things are relatively normal, with the exception of the rolling blackouts. A small fleet of County dump trucks gets outfitted with plows and sand/salt throwers, major roads are clear.
Okie, I'm to your southwest in Lawton and had 2' snow drifts blocking my driveway. I just shoveled the driveway enough to get a vehicle out tomorrow

My neighbor tried to drive out without removing the snow and stuck his F150 in his driveway. The neighbors had to dig him out.

South Texas and got by really well considering. Had to stay in a hotel near work 1 night (all roads closed) but was able to get home the next day. No power for 1.5 days ( inside the house was a balmy 50* )and water was lost for around 7hrs. No issues with the freezers thawing. Work has been a nightmare. Life is back to normal with my wearing of shorts and a t shirt yesterday.

About the same for me in Corpus Christi. My neighborhood was without power for 36 hours. Some parts or town never lost power, and some didn't get it back for almost a week. Some neighbors had frozen pipes, but mine were wrapped. Lost some plants that were too big to bring in, plus all my plumeria planted in the ground in my back yard. I'll also be cutting a lot of dead palm fronds from my palm tree also. The little mom and pop grocery/convenience store's owner had to stand guard on his BBQ firewood stock, as people were stealing it, desperate for wood to burn for heat. The military base I work on, and the school district my wife works at were shut down all week because of the storm. And then we had a water boil notice for a couple of days, but that was no concern for us. We always keep lots of bottled water on hand, in case of hurricanes. Plus I can't stand the taste of treated city water. Still a few shortages of a few things, but mostly back to normal.

My lady is a Mexican native and she has a large family still there. They suffered horribly. A large population of the Mexican people live in basically cardboard shacks, the death toll wasn’t mentioned in news but it was extensive, people freezing to death in there homes. Very sad. My ladies family is better off then most and faired ok.

My lady is a Mexican native and she has a large family still there. They suffered horribly. A large population of the Mexican people live in basically cardboard shacks, the death toll wasn’t mentioned in news but it was extensive, people freezing to death in there homes. Very sad. My ladies family is better off then most and faired ok.
A young boy, I think 11 yrs old, died of Hypothermia down in S tx after he played in the snow all day. Came in and went into bed to warm up and passed away . 😩 mobile home had no heat

I think the article said he came in and they talked with him. He went in and crawled under the covers. They checked on him a few hours later and he had passed away. Horrible situation. I think the family had zero clue or knowledge of even what hypothermia was
Or, the benefits and effects of dressing in layered clothing and bedding?
Making due as best able can be rough stuff.

Where in gods name is the parents in this situation?
There’ll be a few people up here that die from hypothermia every winter...even though they know better.

What likely happened is that while he was playing, he was warm, and sweating...as soon as he stopped, though, rapid cooling. Being tired is a symptom of hypothermia, as well...

Don’t think there’s anyone to blame on it.

Back