testtest

The EDC IFAK: Why you need one.

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
An IFAK is an individual first aid kit. That term has expanded into the world of everyday carry and typically refers to a small, easily concealed, and easily carried medical kit for everyday emergencies.

1708537223704.png

Wife is a nurse, so we carry one in the vehicles and our travel trailer. Of course in hiking packs.

I don’t carry one on my person as an EDC though nor do I plan too. I try to keep my stuff light and mobile. I am not a trained medic but I am trained in CPR and had first aid training but it’s been awhile. So I keep a CPR mask.

I could see these items being helpful in certain situations on your person like a shooting. But generally most places have kits in the store so for handling slips trips and falls. So I don’t really feel a need to constantly pack one. If I was an EMT or nurse maybe. But again there is only so much I want to always have on me.

This is what I carry

Trauma Pack Pro.

I added another package of hemostatic gauze and an Army field dressing.

Screenshot_20240221_160654_Samsung Internet.jpg

It fits in my cargo pockets.

It cost 50 bucks and it suits my needs.

I've had quite a bit of first aid training from the Army, from my employers when I was a security guard. I even went to school for two years to be a Medical Assistant and I've never had to perform First Aid on anybody except for when I was actually working in the ER at Evans Hospital.

Based on that experience I just don't see the need to go out and spend two or $300 on chest seals and Israeli bandages and all that other stuff that I'm very likely to Never Ever Ever Need.

Last edited:
Back