testtest

The FBI Miami Shootout: Lessons for the Defensive Shooter

Heroic action on the part of all the agents involved. All of them engaged the murderers/armed robbers who were armed with a Ruger 223 and a shotgun plus each had a revolver. Ed Mireles ended the fight, firing his revolver one handed while advancing on the subjects after sustaining a substantial injury early in the fight. Another agent hit one of the subjects from over 50 yards with a handgun.

...focusing all of our effort on being good on the square range, against paper silhouettes, may give a false sense of confidence.
That's so true.
I see often people claiming that "that would never happen to me, because I am training a lot!"
Unless they are training under live fire... they can't know for sure of how will they react.

Edmundo Mireles' book is an excellent depiction of what happened, and that former Marine is a true Warrior. We have studied and used the incident in police training since it happened. Those FBI agents were heroes, but there were major errors in planning and tactics that we have learned from.

This is one of those bellwether events, like the Texas Tower shooting, The Onion Field, the Newhall shootout, San Ysidro MacDonald's, Norco Bank Robbery, Columbine School Shooting, etc., that have changed law enforcement weapons, tactics, and technology in a profound way.

Back